website statistics

Artistic Swimming at the Aquatics WA World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

I've got to say it is very weird watching the athletes after they finish their routines and are sitting on the couch waiting for their results. Am so used to seeing ice skaters or gymnasts sitting waiting for their scores and they're all smiles and making those annoying heart shapes with their hands - because they know whether they've performed their routines well or not. But here the swimmers have absolutely no idea what their score is going to be. Some of them have had two thirds of their difficulty score removed and they're left sitting on the couch going "WTF?"

Although on the other hand I can't help but laugh at the look on the coaches faces as they sit down to console their athlete and realise they've hit a wet patch on the couch. 

This is pretty insane. Artistic swimming just went from one extreme to another, I really don't know how they expect this to improve their image. :p

Athletes throwing tantrums on scores is a sight to behold, but maybe some of them are just too used to having everything handed to them no matter what. :d

#banbestmen

8 hours ago, Rafa Maciel said:

I've got to say it is very weird watching the athletes after they finish their routines and are sitting on the couch waiting for their results. Am so used to seeing ice skaters or gymnasts sitting waiting for their scores and they're all smiles and making those annoying heart shapes with their hands - because they know whether they've performed their routines well or not. But here the swimmers have absolutely no idea what their score is going to be. Some of them have had two thirds of their difficulty score removed and they're left sitting on the couch going "WTF?"

Although on the other hand I can't help but laugh at the look on the coaches faces as they sit down to console their athlete and realise they've hit a wet patch on the couch. 

The scoring has been pretty arbitrary at the AS, and not a great deal better at Diving - the Chinese are legitimately brilliant - but it doesn't help when they get a Beijing Bonus on every dive - there was at least one dive today that was borderline failed and was getting 8s!. Reminds me of interviews before the figure skating last year when skaters talked about how you had to 'serve your time' no matter how good you were - in other words, there was a rank arbitrary favouritism for senior pairs.

57 minutes ago, dcro said:

Also, you know there must be a bug in the scoring system somewhere given that our athlete has qualified for the final today (the first final in our history)! :yikes: :hairpull: :lol:

:ARU:SMR with finalists as well :cool:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

26 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

Interesting to see some comments here, when last year there was no sympathy from the same people for Evangelia Platanioti who was robbed in broad daylight...

Again? :p

With the past code, Platanioti was cleary 4th. I really like Evangelia, it's one of the best west European athletes ever, with Ona Carbonell, but c'mon...