website statistics

Fencing FIE World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Cuomo just wasted the chance of his life...he lost against Kurbanov, despite the man from :KAZ was struggling with cramps and visibly limping on one leg :facepalm: :hairpull:

on the other hand, Di Veroli found the way to turn things around in a very complicated assault against :VEN Francisco Limardo

Edited by phelps

2 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Kurbanov saw that @phelps didn't have anything to complain about, so he made sure to make things interesting.

Joking aside, 4 different nations in the Top4. :KAZ continues to impress.

:KAZ will be dangerous in the team event, I fear

have to check the draw, but I really hope it's not on our route in the early rounds once again :fingers:

6 minutes ago, phelps said:

:KAZ will be dangerous in the team event, I fear

have to check the draw, but I really hope it's not on our route in the early rounds once again :fingers:

Now that you mention it, we got the good draw in women's epee. :HUN v :UKR in the R16 will likely happen and that can be decisive match in the fight for the European quota. 

12 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Now that you mention it, we got the good draw in women's epee. :HUN v :UKR in the R16 will likely happen and that can be decisive match in the fight for the European quota. 

despite being the no.3 seed, :ITA have a much more difficult route to the medal round than :POL (no.4 seed), who basically have a clean pathway to the semifinals

we have to go vs our bete noir :EST in the quarterfinals and, in case, :FRA in the semis :facepalm:

same in the men's Sabre, :ITA vs :FRA in a theoretical QTF and then :HUN (or :IRI but it's unlikely) waiting for the winner in the semis