website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2019 - 2020

Totallympics

19 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Speaking of Obergs - and the days when Kamila Zuk was the hottest junior instead of Davidova :nopompom:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biathlon_Junior_World_Championships_2018

6 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Speaking of Obergs - and the days when Kamila Zuk was the hottest junior instead of Davidova :nopompom:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biathlon_Junior_World_Championships_2018

If Häcki can slowly get her shooting under control better, so can Zuk.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

If Häcki can slowly get her shooting under control better, so can Zuk.

Hacki's last season was worse than 2017/18 for whatever reason. Kamila Zuk has everything she needs to become successful, we even phased Krystyna Guzik out of the A team for both her and Kinga Zbylut to have a full crack at the World Cup. No excuses if she can't score Top 40 results on regular basis.

33 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Hacki's last season was worse than 2017/18 for whatever reason. 

In which regard? Because not in terms of points, results, shooting, skiing speed or even relay performances.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

20 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

In which regard? Because not in terms of points, results, shooting, skiing speed or even relay performances.

Sorry I meant 2016/17. I still feel like that was her best season and some of 18/19 results were inflated due to people skipping the North American trip.

1 minute ago, Monzanator said:

Sorry I meant 2016/17. I still feel like that was her best season and some of 18/19 results were inflated due to people skipping the North American trip.

Not her best ones though, since they came in Antholz, Ruhpolding and Nove Mesto. Not exactly North American :p 

So late to the party again.  The Swiss women's team was great yesterday.  I think that it was not a fluke as well.  They can do that again, and again, and again.  The US men and Women did about what I expected.  Two years ago Doherty and Norgren were #3 and #4 for the US, now they are #1 and #2, and neither have really improved much.  Howe is serviceable, but Cooper is not quick on his skis.  The US women do good for the first two legs, then slowly slide back.  I think that 10th is about where they are now.  

Looking forward to more racing.  

4 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

It was interesting how he did not really even attempt to chase down JTB.  

I think he tried for a few meters and then saw (and felt!) JTB was just going too fast. Sometimes you have to take the loss :p 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts around Totallympics

• This was pretty fun to watch  Coverage was fine, racing was fun, no problem at all.
    • Thanks @phelps for gathering information   but World Skate is an Olympic federation now, yet they can't provide a basic result system for their main event.    OK I'm not asking for a live score system, but how hard it is to post results in PDF after each event ?    not talking about the sport but this IF doesn't deserve to be in the Olympics. 
    • from Thursday, Sept. 12th through Sunday, Sept. 15th,  Genua hosts the Coastal Rowing World Championships in the Olympic Format (Beach Sprint)   it's the first championship since the discipline has been elected to the Olympic stage   last week, the Endurance World Championships were also held in Genua     the champions:   CW1x:  Monika Dukarska   CM1x:  Finlay Hamill   CW2x:  Katharina Lobnig, Magdalena Lobnig CM2x:  Igor Khmara, Stanislav Kovalov CW4x+:  Anna Sarah Sophie Souwer, Kiri English-Hawke, Marieke Keijser, Karolien Florijn, Dieuwke Fetter CM4x+:  Yuriy Ivanov, Mykola Mazur, Ivan Futryk, Ivan Dovhodko, Anastasiia Kozyr CMix2x:  Patricio Rojas Aznar, Amanda Gil Camacho
    • One more nation to reach decent number of 30 participants.
    • Inline Slalom   women's Slalom   Gold:  Mona Heller Silver:  Lorenza Cesaris Bronze:  Manuela Schmohl   men's Junior Slalom   Gold:  Mattia Pè Silver:  Christian Rondi Bronze:  Marcos Arias Sanchez
    • Judging always takes two or three minutes in these competitions - longer even for possible medal runs - for reasons above, so just saying DNI is a way of saying it's not worth comparing a fall on the third hit to a fall on the fourth hit since neither are going to affect the overall.  
    • Scoring in all these events is a bit strange as they are not judging a pre-defined move to an absolute standard, as happens in diving, gymnastics etc, but are constantly shuffling around trying to score riders relative not only to each other, but to that riders' previous runs earlier in the competition and qualifying.  
    • Slovak Entry     Team  -  Prievan v peňaženke (Empty Wallet or literal translation"draught in the wallet")   Time for some retro-Rockl...   One of the most famous pre and post communism fall era, The Bratislava band Team led by its unique and charismatic singer Pavol Habera who was extremely popular during the most important period of our and czech history around the communism end in 1989. His band survived the hard censure of the regime and produced many, many and Many hits in this period.   Nowadays much older the lads are still playing however with slight softening of the original music style. Habera was also quite famous as Simon Cowell-style judge in the czechoslovak version of American Idol in the previous decade.   The song I picked was and is still a sort of a unofficial anthem of young people, I guess the majority of us knew this feeling about having constantly an empty wallet   but, without further ado, here is the 1989 song Prievan v peňaženke from Team, hope some of you will enjoy it     Lyrics       Lyrics   I guess it takes a special talent To be always running dry with money No use wasting any more words I'm one of those soft-hearted folks Who are always penniless   I'm a faithful friend to every bank But there's still no cash in my wallet Just a ten-penny coin, long time non-valid The sad end of payslip days   My wallet is always empty I lose bank notes by the pound My wallet is always empty I can hear their distant laughter…   There might be a Bermuda triangle in my wallet I can’t win this fight against nature My blood pressure is low and my salary follows suit My pockets are empty like those of a big-beat fan   My wallet is always empty I lose bank notes by the pound My wallet is always empty I can hear their distant laughter…   I'm the ultimate currency expert No success in my wallet Hey, bro ! could you lend me a twenty ? I'll be happy to return it later!   (Maybe!)   My wallet is always empty I lose bank notes by the pound My wallet is always empty I can hear their distant laughter… I guess it takes a special talent To be always running dry with money1 No use wasting any more words I’m one of those soft-hearted folks Who are always penniless I’m a faithful friend to every bank But there’s still litt https://lyricstranslate.com/en/prievan-v-pe%C5%88a%C5%BEenke-empty-wallet.html
    • Karate quotas for the 2025 Junior Pan Am Games:    https://a3a7237c5a.clvaw-cdnwnd.com/92587134f868557604df38abe147f64e/200165572-a4eb7a4eba/PAISES CLASIFICADOS - ATLETAS 8va POSICION - (1).pdf
    • Okay, I used the tables in the article to calculate the qualification rankings for flying disc (ultimate): https://wfdf.sport/2024/08/road-to-chengdu-qualifying-for-the-world-games-at-wuc-2024/    should be qualified by my math.  are tied in ranking points, so assuming  gets the host quota, I'm not sure who gets the last quota place between those two teams. Of course, none of this is official as only the federation can confirm who qualified.