website statistics

Summer Paralympic Games Paris 2024

Josh

The IPC put out some preliminary entry statistics today (subject to final comfirmation as delegations arrive in Paris): https://www.paralympic.org/paris-2024/news/paris-2024-record-number-delegations-and-females-compete

:ERI:KIR:KOS set to make their Paralympic Games debut.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 8/22/2024 at 10:42 AM, Nickyc707 said:

I seem to recall watching some of the road racing at London because it was actually relatively easy for the broadcaster to cover as it all took place on the motor racing circuit at Brands Hatch.

We've subsequently had coverage of the road racing at more recent Games. Certainly in Tokyo where some of the events took place in absolutely torrential rain. 

There were some basic cameras but not many.

Results system is available now: https://olympics.com/en/paris-2024/paralympic-games/schedule/grid

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

28 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Maybe you know, but are there any npcs that competed in Tokyo but not Paris

Cross referencing the results system, and the IPC database...

:FRO:GUY:MAD:TJK competed at Tokyo 2020, but don't appear in the results system for Paris 2024. Faroe Islands is then set to be unrepresented at the Summer Paralympic Games for the first time since 1984. 

:BAN:TLS:MAC:MYA:SOL:TGA:TTO:TKM:VAN return after missing Tokyo 2020. Bangladesh last competed at Beijing 2008. Solomon Islands and Vanuatu last competed at London 2012. Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste; Macao, China; Myanmar; Tonga; Trinidad and Tobago last competed at Rio 2016.

Disclaimer: I checked your question on the fly, so there's a chance I missed an NPC for either category.

1 hour ago, Nickyc707 said:

Yes, but my point was that there was some coverage contrary to what had been stated and that it has subsequently improved.

The cameras were provided by Channel 4 themselves and not on the world feed if I remember rightly. So much if not all the rest of the world didn’t get the footage. 

6 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Cross referencing the results system, and the IPC database...

:FRO:GUY:MAD:TJK competed at Tokyo 2020, but don't appear in the results system for Paris 2024. Faroe Islands is then set to be unrepresented at the Summer Paralympic Games for the first time since 1984. 

:BAN:TLS:MAC:MYA:SOL:TGA:TTO:TKM:VAN return after missing Tokyo 2020. Bangladesh last competed at Beijing 2008. Solomon Islands and Vanuatu last competed at London 2012. Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste; Macao, China; Myanmar; Tonga; Trinidad and Tobago last competed at Rio 2016.

Disclaimer: I checked your question on the fly, so there's a chance I missed an NPC for either category.

Sad if the Faroe Islands miss out. They have medalled in the past.