website statistics

Sport Climbing IFSC World Cup 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

• 2 weeks later...

The World Cup started last weekend with bouldering in Japan, but I forgot where to watch the full replays now that it's not on YouTube anymore. Anyone? :p 

I vaguely remember maybe the Olympic Channel, but that website is such a bitch to navigate especially when trying to avoid spoilers, and I'm far from sure it's on there... (I hope not, since their player is bad and doesn't even have hotkey functionality if I'm not mistaken)

Edit: found it, and I had forgotten, it's on Discovery/Eurosport's digital channels :cheer: 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

The World Cup started last weekend with bouldering in Japan, but I forgot where to watch the full replays now that it's not on YouTube anymore. Anyone? :p 

I vaguely remember maybe the Olympic Channel, but that website is such a bitch to navigate especially when trying to avoid spoilers, and I'm far from sure it's on there... (I hope not, since their player is bad and doesn't even have hotkey functionality if I'm not mistaken)

Edit: found it, and I had forgotten, it's on Discovery/Eurosport's digital channels :cheer: 

Discovery+ / Eurosport Player has it all (at least, here in Italy...but I think it's a whole European thing).

4.90 WR for Veddriq Leonardo :INA at the IFSC Speed Climbing World Cup in Seoul, Korea. First man in sport climbing history to ever break the five-second-barrier. What’s even more impressive is the fact that Veddriq did it not once, not twice, but three times during the competition. 4.98 during the qualification round, 4.90 during the quarterfinals and 4.93 during the semifinal. In the final, he stuttered near the end, and ended up clocking a 5.01.

Edited by Josh

Another WR went down at IFSC Speed World Cup in Seoul, Korea, as Aleksandra Miroslaw :POL clocked a 6.25, breaking her existing WR four times in the process (Her previous WR was 6.53, which means she shaved 0.28 off today).

Miroslaw’s first WR at this event came during the first qualification round (6.46), then broke it again during the second qualification round (6.37), then lowered it in semifinals (6.35), and the finals (6.25). Really excited to see what she can do in Paris. 

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/climbing/she-can-t-be-stopped-aleksandra-miroslaw-sets-world-record-to-win-speed-final_vid1903802/video.shtml

Edited by Josh

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

IFSC World Cup :CZE Prague (Boulder)

Men

1. :KOR Dohyun Lee

2. :CZE Adam Ondra

3. :FRA Mejdi Schalck

Women

1. :FRA Oriane Bertone

2. :SLO Janja Garnbret

3. :FRA Flavy Cohaut

I believe this is Garnbret's first world cup of the season. I hope to see her back on that first spot soon!

I've been bouldering a bit more myself recently. Such a great sport for both spectators and (amateur) athletes.

:HON:ESA:CAM all entered athletes in the women’s bouldering at Brixen World Cup. They all failed to score a single zone, but still nice to see some new nations giving the sport a try. They would need to be ranked within the Top 36 of the Olympic Series rankings to have a shot at the universality quota. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Gianlu33 said:

Another total failure for the Italian team a Bressanone :nopompom: Only Fogu, at the WC debout, qualify for the semifinals.

we're stuck to old training methods, for our athletes competitive climbing is only a pastime between a free climb on natural routes and another...:evil:

when there was no competition, it was enough to shine once every while, nowadays that's not enough anymore, but they don't understand it, or maybe they're just not interested...

sad, but true.