website statistics

Fencing at the European Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Now there's a rumor that France is protesting their SF against Switzerland for some reason, but that makes no sense, they already had a bronze medal match. And why the fuck would the final be halted because of a protest? What? :lol:

3 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Now there's a rumor that France is protesting their SF against Switzerland for some reason, but that makes no sense, they already had a bronze medal match. And why the fuck would the final be halted because of a protest? What? :lol:

Holy shit, it's true, they paused the final for 15-20 minutes because of a protest. What the fuck...

I have no idea what that protest was or if the French can somehow still do something, but if not... FINALLY GOLD for :HUN!

Boys, please don't fuck up the qualification. This Hungarian men's epee team has such a big potential, they have to be in Paris. 

1 gold, 1 silver, 1 bronze and two 4th places for Hungary in the team events. I think we couldn't have asked for more. Thankfully I turned out to be way too pessimistic. Now let's do something similar at the Worlds. 

2 hours ago, Vektor said:

Okay, this getting ridiculous, what's happening?

@phelps Do the Italians have any info on what's going on?

no idea, but I saw the refs going to adjust the time on the scoreboard many times also during both SFs and the BMM between :ITA and :FRA :facepalm:

but given the level of the organization of these games, nothing surprises me anymore :bones:

:FRA win easily the Gold medal in women's sabre.

:ITA lucky to get today's silver.

this is women's sabre OQR after 1 World Cup stage and the Continental champs:

1 :USA 116
2 :KOR 94
3 :FRA 89
3 :UKR 89
5 :ITA 88
6 :CHN 78
7 :ESP 72
7 :JPN 72
9 :HUN 68
10 :EGY 64
11 :ALG 60
12 :HKG 59
13 :BUL 58
14 :AZE 56
15 :MEX 52
16 :GRE 49
17 :GER 45
18 :POL 44
19 :TUR 41

I assume that :FRA will easily qualify at the end of the OQP.

:ITA and :UKR seem to be the favourites in the fight for the 4th spot in the top 4 overall and if both are capable to do it, the fight between :HUN and :ESP will suddenly become brutally important for the European repechage spot (even if I think that :HUN would eventually comeback close to :ITA and :UKR rather then being stuck in the fight with :ESP).