website statistics

Fencing at the European Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

8 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

hong kong should come out of the top 4, and italy in, which would give hungary a place in europe?

:POL has been in Olympic qualifying position on the world ranking for almost 5 years now, I wouldn't bet against them. They still have the advantage over us because they are much higher on the world ranking, which means that they will get easier opponents. We will have to beat :UKR or :CHN just to reach the Top8 at the WCh, it won't be easy.

That damn 15th place at the 2022 Worlds is hurting us a lot on the world ranking.

Edited by Vektor

3 minutes ago, Vektor said:

:POL has been in Olympic qualifying position on the world ranking for almost 5 years now, I wouldn't bet against them. They still have the advantage over us because they are much higher on the world ranking, which means that they will get easier opponents. We will have to beat :UKR or :CHN just to reach the Top8 at the WCh, it won't be easy.

That damn 15th place at the 2022 Worlds is hurting us a lot on the world ranking.

I hope you manage to qualify in the most weapons, how many teams do you expect?

Anyway, I hope everyone is ready for men's epee because I am not. The last two World Cup events were insane, both :FRA and :ITA have a lot to prove. And so do we. Of all the potential quotas, this is the one I want the most. I am not accepting another NQ from the Hungarian men's epee team. This disgrace can't happen again.

2 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

I hope you manage to qualify in the most weapons, how many teams do you expect?

3 again, hopefully. Men's sabre, men's epee, and one of women's sabre and women's epee. Maybe all 4, but I am not getting my hopes up that much. Anything lower than 3 would be a disappointment, Hungarian fencing is stronger in this Olympic cycle than it was during the previous Olympic qualification. The foil teams are not qualifying. The Tokyo women's foil team quota was a fluke for us and the men's foil team is not ready, maybe in LA. 

6 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Anyway, I hope everyone is ready for men's epee because I am not. The last two World Cup events were insane, both :FRA and :ITA have a lot to prove. And so do we. Of all the potential quotas, this is the one I want the most. I am not accepting another NQ from the Hungarian men's epee team. This disgrace can't happen again.

these methods of calculation are difficult, because europe is still the biggest provider of talent!! we also in men's epee we are aps reassured, I hope that France will have all these teams! I think you will have women's foil, women's and men's epee and men's and women's saber.

5 minutes ago, Benolympique said:
these methods of calculation are difficult, because europe is still the biggest provider of talent!! we also in men's epee we are aps reassured, I hope that France will have all these teams! I think you will have women's foil, women's and men's epee and men's and women's saber.

I would be shocked if you won't qualify all of your teams. You got 6 host quotas and Russia isn't here, which means that this should be very easy for France. You may qualify all of your teams even without the help of the host quotas. 

Edited by Vektor

1 hour ago, Vektor said:

Women's epee is a mess after 1 World Cup + Continentals, but the WCh will likely clear things up a lot.

:FRA 128

:KOR 116

:USA 87

:HKG 80

:HUN 76

:ITA 76

:CAN 73

:EGY 72

:CHN 70

:POL 68

:UKR 64

:SUI 62

Hungary doesn't look as good as may think. We are still only 9th on the WR, which means that the WCh draw won't be easy for us, an R16 elimination could undo everything the girls achieved today. Poland is still fine, they are high on the WR and will get an easier draw at the WCh. 

I wouldn't leave also :JPN (56 pts) and :EST (55 pts) out yet.

the World Championship's draw will be absolutely decisive, since there are so many points up for grabs and having a bad day in Milan could really cost the quota place also to some of the big teams (:FRA and :KOR are the only team that can afford half a wrong step).

15 minutes ago, phelps said:

I wouldn't leave also :JPN (56 pts) and :EST (55 pts) out yet.

the World Championship's draw will be absolutely decisive, since there are so many points up for grabs and having a bad day in Milan could really cost the quota place also to some of the big teams (:FRA and :KOR are the only team that can afford half a wrong step).

after the worlds, how many qualifying team events remain for paris?