website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Championships 2023

Totallympics

6 minutes ago, MHSN said:

wow, just wow

Goleij was 15 seconds away from beating the best wrestler of all time. f..ing 15 seconds and then that happened , the Russian Tank did what he always does. he has only 1 or 2 defeats in his entire career and after so many years he was an inch away from a defeat.

now with Snyder out of the picture I hope Goleij can take the bronze and the quota at least. 

Amouzad also gave us a scare, a heart attack even. was leading 7-0 comfortably and then bang, he almost got pinned, hopefully he learns from this and dominate the "new" Musukaev like what he did last year. he is our last chance for another gold

Sadulaev just casually pinned him, i was in utter shoch how easy it looked. Built different. 

18 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

He looked familiar to me. :)

I remember him from Sydney games. 

Russian? Didnt happen too often, to say the least. :mumble:In freestyle Iran always had great coaches. Strange indeed. 

yep he was in Sydney too. not a great wrestler in his time. he is the head coach for the whole team but sometimes he sits in the corner to coach himself too. (I think only for Yazdani and Goleij)

that's Magomed Isagadzhiev, 2002 World Silver medalist, one of the few people in the world who beat the great Saitiev. 

yes this is the first time ever to have a Russian coach. (or a foreign coach at all) as assistant though. 

Edited by MHSN

3 minutes ago, MHSN said:

yep he was in Sydney too. not a great wrestle in his time. he is the head coach but for the whole team but sometimes he sits in the corner to coach himself too. (I think only for Yazdani and Goleij)

He reminds me of Rasoul Khadem. I can recall Khadem coaching (being in corner) in 2012. 

8 minutes ago, MHSN said:

that's Magomed Isagadzhiev, 2002 World Silver medalist, one of the few people in the world who beat the great Saitiev. 

yes this is the first time ever to have a Russian coach. (or a foreign coach at all) as assistant though. 

Useful info, thanks! 

I am searching for defeats of those greats, didnt search for Saitiev though. If he managed to defeat him in his prime, its really something. 

24 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

Sadulaev just casually pinned him, i was in utter shoch how easy it looked. Built different. 

Goleij made a mistake. he had to take 1-2 steps back instead of facing Sadualev. there is a reason he is called "the tank" he is as strong as a tank. he wins these kind of positions 99 out of 100. 

but it's easier said than done, under that pressure your brain doesn't work properly. 

Goleij has a history of losing like that. he lost 2 years ago to Snyder despite leading 2-1 with less than 5 seconds on the clock :facepalm: 

2 hours ago, MHSN said:

it's hard to stay calm after these kind of officiating, fortunately Olympic well be held somewhere else and not in Lalovic's house.

Or you could look it from the brighter side. If not for Lalović, wrestling would be substituted by some sort of breakdancing in the Olympics. How many athletes would Iran qualify then? :p

10 minutes ago, Adriano said:

That's huge suprise if it is true. He looks so defensive with polish wrestler. 

The German is a tough guy, very hard to score on. from what I heard he won 2-0. which means 2 cautions probably

Magomedov is a very good wrestler. so indeed surprising 

I'm not sure but looks the semifinals in Olypic weights are something like this

65kg

Iran vs Hungary

Armenia vs Puerto Rico

97kg

Bahrain vs Russia/AIN

Germany vs Georgia