website statistics

World Games 2022

Totallympics

The IWGA updated their qualifications page with a hyperlink feature. You can now click on the flag of the delegation to see the amount of quotas (and in some cases named provisional entries) of that country. Link: https://www.theworldgames.org/editions/Birmingham-USA-2022-13/qualifications/by-country

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 2 months later...

There should be circa 110 countries qualified for the 2022 World Games according to the IWGA: https://www.theworldgames.org/news/The-World-Games-17/110-nations-will-compete-in-Birmingham-a-new-record-at-The-World-Games-2267

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 3 weeks later...

Here’s some information about the streaming being offered this summer. Olympic Channel will be the main international broadcaster again, with the 24/7 channel returning, but they say there will be individual sports feeds available this time as well. Link: https://www.theworldgames.org/news/The-World-Games-2022-32/The-World-Games-2022-expands-digital-coverage-with-Olympics-com-2277

• 3 weeks later...

:SVK Team Slovakia :SVK

14 Athletes (6 M + 8 W)

Dance Sport (2 - 1+1): 

Dušan Gruľa/Giana Cragnolini (Mixed Standard)

Air Sports (1 - 1+0): 

Roman Dubský (Parachuting M)

Powerlifting (1 - 0+1): 

Ivana Horná (Heavyweight -72kg W)

Muaythai (2 - 1+1):

Lukáš Mandinec (-63,5kg M)

Monika Chochlíková (-51kg W)**

Waterski (1 - 1+0): 

Martin Bartalský (Slalom M)

Finswimming (1 - 0+1): 

Zuzana Hrašková (100 m Bi-Fins W)

Kickboxing (2 - 0+1(+1)): 

Monika Chochlíková (-52kg W)**

Alexandra Filipová (-70kg W)

Karate (1 - 0+1): 

Ingrida Suchánková (Kumite -61kg W)

Duathlon (1 - 0+1): 

Nikola Čorbová (Individual W)

Canoe (1 - 1+0): 

Martin Nemček (K1 Marathon Standard Distance, K1 Marathon Short Distance)

Archery (2 - 1+1): 

Jozef Bošanský (Target - Compound Individual M)

Denisa Baránková (Field - Recurve Individual W)

**Monika Chochlíková will compete in two different sports Muaythai and Kickboxing, paradoxically she will be clearly our biggest medal contender at the games, and in both sports, (her goal like she declared is to return from the sweet Alabama with 2 Gold medals)

• 3 weeks later...

Just a few days to go, I just realized! Hopefully streaming will be on point and (especially) available on-demand. Can't really spend the whole Games watching while working :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Just a few days to go, I just realized! Hopefully streaming will be on point and (especially) available on-demand. Can't really spend the whole Games watching while working :p 

I don’t really know about on-demand availability yet, but it’s been confirmed the 24/7 livestream will be back on the Olympic Channel. I think they also intend to have some individual feeds of different events during the Games. I’ve also read that a few IFs may broadcast early rounds of their competitions online, but that’s about the extent of my knowledge at this point.

21 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I don’t really know about on-demand availability yet, but it’s been confirmed the 24/7 livestream will be back on the Olympic Channel. I think they also intend to have some individual feeds of different events during the Games. I’ve also read that a few IFs may broadcast early rounds of their competitions online, but that’s about the extent of my knowledge at this point.

There’s nothing showing yet on the Euro version of the Olympic Channel, but these things often slot into place at the last moment.