website statistics

Road Cycling at the Cycling UCI World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Daily update, frist points to Hong Kong and Slovakia. 

Medal Table After Day 9

:GBR 09-03-07 [19]

:NED 05-03-00 [08]

:BEL 05-01-03 [09]

:USA 05-00-02 [07] 

:SUI 04-01-02 [07] 

:GER 03-03-05 [11]

:NZL 03-01-05 [09]

:FRA 02-07-07 [16]

:AUT 02-02-01 [05]

:ITA 01-03-02 [06]

:JPN 01-02-04 [07]

:DEN 01-01-01 [03]

:ESP 01-01-00 [02]

:COL 01-01-00 [02]

:BRA 01-01-00 [02]

:POR 01-00-00 [01] 

:AUS 00-08-01 [09]

:CHN 00-01-02 [02]

:CAN 00-01-01 [02]

:RSA 00-01-00 [01]

:IRL 00-01-00 [01]

:CZE 00-01-00 [01]

:TTO 00-01-00 [01]

:NOR 00-01-00 [01]

:SLO 00-00-02 [02]

Points Table After Day 9

:GBR 227

:FRA 170

:GER 131

:NED 124

:AUS 105

:BEL 98

:ITA 85

:USA 81

:SUI 81

:JPN 78

:NZL 77

:DEN 46

:CHN 42

:AUT 41

:CAN 40

:POL 24

:ESP 24

:POR 20

:BRA 15

:COL 15

:RSA 15

:SLO 12

:IRL 9

:NOR 8

:TTO 6

:CZE 7

:BIH 5

:HUN 5

:FIN 4

:CRO 4

:LAT 4

:MEX 3

:LTU 3

:SVK 3

:NAM 2

:HKG 1

Tomorrow Elite Finals (7)

• Trials - Women's 
  • Trials - Men's 20"
  • Trials - Men's 26"
  • Artistic Cycling - Open Pair
  • Artistic Cycling - Men's Single
  • MTB - Men's 
  • MTB - Women's

5 hours ago, Jan Linha said:

Men's Quota Time Trial

:BEL :ITA :GBR :USA :DEN :NOR :POR :AUS :CAN :SUI

Compared to Tokyo, :NZL and :GER miss out on the second quota whilst :CAN :DENand :NOR gain an extra spot. Technically :EST also drop a quota but they didn't use it in Tokyo so there is no difference for them.

Whilst I am very pleased with an unexpected bronze in the time trial for :GBRJosh Tarling, part of me is a bit disappointed with the result for Geraint Thomas. Given he elected to focus on this race ahead of the road race, and he was the only one of our ranking riders to take part, I would have liked him to be higher up the rankings to maximise the ranking points in order to secure the full team of 4 for Paris. 

The silver lining is that Tarling will pretty much double his ranking points and will become the 10th ranked GB rider, slipping in behind Fred Wright. If Tarling has a decent ride in next week's BEMER cyclassic and is selected for the  European Championship time trial, he could move ahead of both Hugh Carthy and Max Poole to become GB's 7th ranked rider. 

Overall, the :GBR mens squad will be leaving the World Championships without really adding to their ranking points total. The only saving grace is that their immediate competition for the top 5 position haven't been able to capitalise on the fact that our biggest names were pretty much AWOL this week. 

7 hours ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Just catching up on the results from the Junior Time Trial earlier today and realised that Ben Wiggins, son of :GBR most successful Olympian Sir Bradley Wiggins, won silver. Wonder if we'll be seeing him at a future Olympics. 

Very, very likely by all accounts. His European track success, and this excellent ride, suggest that while he may not have his father's talent, there's more than enough there to be going on with. Between Wiggo2, Tarling and Aldridge it's been a good couple of races for the young blood.

Meanwhile in the men's U23 road race, Axel Laurance :FRA is on the way to the world title, possibly. Behind him is a group which would have caught up with him if it wasn't for Lorenzo Milesi :ITA trying to keep the pace low.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Laurance is cooked, but Milesi is acting as a perfect teammate in trying to keep the chasers away :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Looks like Milesi's behaviour is rewarded with a 4th place :d 

6 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Never saw a bigger idiot than Milesi in my life, i swear. What a pillock

I swear he has a French passport secretly, it's the only way in which his riding today would make sense (as a teammate of Laurance).

27 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I swear he has a French passport secretly, it's the only way in which his riding today would make sense (as a teammate of Laurance).

yeah, very opportunistic and senseless style of ride... but, yeah, anyway...

obviously I watched in our TV, but I wonder how other commentators spelled Svrček´s name, I imagine it can be a nice one vowel tongue twister  :p

Edited by hckošice