website statistics

Diving at the Aquatics WA World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

3 hours ago, Adriano said:

For me this format should be quickly changed! 5 hours - 2 dives per 1 one hour, how to prepare how to concentrate.

My idea is 3 dives in preelimination - top 36 go further.   Next 36 elimination same day 18 semi-final. Next day final.

or maybe some seeding for the best divers like (recent continental champs, World Champs + World Cups) to the elimination round directly.

I think it should be something like:

Top X divers are seeded for the final and all others have to qualify for the final. They should definitely get rid of the semifinal, although this format probably leads to more surprises. The young british woman normally should have sleepwalked to the 10 m final, but then she had a couple bad dives in the semifinal and didn't qualify for the final.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

5 minutes ago, Josh said:

16 pages of replies on this thread?!? ... 

Wtf?!?

Never knew diving was this popular :p

It will be more and more  - what a great performance of Craotian @dcro

Many countries close to places for OG - they should change format quickly. 

7 hours ago, De_Gambassi said:

I'm not going to pretend to be a Diving expert which I'm defintly not, but he is curently injured (shoulder). So likely not at his best

Oh, I’m not blaming him entirely, like I said he’s talented and should he continues improving, a likely contender for the medals. this time around however, the jury did give him a little bonus when he nailed the dive, just like they did with Tocci, but hopes he recovers in time so we can see him in the Olympic final.

18 minutes ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

Didn't see any one post the Men's 3m Springboard Quotas yet:

:CHN:CHN:COL:GER:GER:GBR:ITA:ITA:MEX:MEX:USA:USA

I believe because the European Champion, Moritz Wesemann, qualified through these world championships, the European quota is left vacant.

Indeed. Still, the “additional” quotas will depend on how many divers “double up” in other events.

However, I’m in doubt regarding the quotas to be distributed next year in Doha.

The document states: “the twelve (12) highest placing athletes”. I think it means, athletes advancing to the final already qualified by other event, will leave some extra space for the additional places to those advancing to semis.

Edited by mrv86

59 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

The document states: “the twelve (12) highest placing athletes”. I think it means, athletes advancing to the final already qualified by other event, will leave some extra space for the additional places to those advancing to semis.

Once again, though, it leaves itself open to a lot of interpretations and contradictions. Reading it just now, it seems like quotas are capped at 136, but the document basically guarantees the distribution of 180 quotas (before taking into account athletes “doubling-up”).

Also, the language in the continental qualification section is confusing as hell. I’m assuming that criteria will be applied the way it was in previous cycles, but hard to be 100% certain.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Vallee won silver last year at Worlds in 3m (And bronze in 1m)... this time she may not even qualify for the semifinals :hairpull: (She already failed to qualify for the final in the 1m earlier this week). 

Edited by Josh

In women's 3m springboard, :CHN Yiwen will almost certainly win gold, with :CHN Chang as the favorite for silver. But Chang may not even get past the prelims, as through two dives she's in 17th. If she does make it past prelims, and into the final, her silver medal is far from a guarantee, unlike other Chinese athletes. Wouldn't count out the likes of Vallee, Keeney, Ware, Sabri, Bacon and Pellecani on making it to the podium.

Edited by Josh