website statistics

Fencing FIE World Championships 2019

phelps

31 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Fiamingo already out in Women's Epee, defeated by Rodriguez Quesada from Cuba in R64. 

expected...

she's no longer the woman she used to be...:cry:

but before someone in our team would eventually take notice of that, we must waste at least an entire Olympic qualification...:facepalm::wall:

Just now, phelps said:

expected...

she's no longer the woman she used to be...:cry:

but before someone in our team would eventually take notice of that, we must waste at least an entire Olympic qualification...:facepalm::wall:

What happened to her? I didn't follow fencing that closely since the last Olympics, the last time I saw her was when Szász defeated her in the Olympic final. 

Just now, Vektor said:

What happened to her? I didn't follow fencing that closely since the last Olympics, the last time I saw her was when Szász defeated her in the Olympic final. 

I don't know...probably she just lost some motivation or simply she's getting old...:mumble:

suddenly, after 2016 she just had a vertical drop in her achievements...

the problem is that nobody in our team will never leave her out because of her past success (and this will hurt badly our team results)...

1 minute ago, wumo26 said:

:FRA Bolade Apithy is already out! :yikes:He lost to a :KAZ fencer who is ranked 89 in the world...

This is not great at all for his chance to qualify for the Olympics...

naaa...if at least 3 between ITA, GER, RUS and HUN qualify as a team, he won't have any trouble to make the individual cut (his only serious opponent would be Bazadze, who's not that consistent)...

12 minutes ago, phelps said:

naaa...if at least 3 between ITA, GER, RUS and HUN qualify as a team, he won't have any trouble to make the individual cut (his only serious opponent would be Bazadze, who's not that consistent)...

Yeah if Bazadze is not going to be in top 8 or better here, Apithy should not be that worried. Though I think he would have preferred a much better WCH result...

:BRA Moellhausen! :cheer:

she's in the top 16 after defeating no.9 seed :CHN Zhu...

unfortunately now she has to face :ITA Alberta Santuccio, who unexpectedly beat :USA Courtney Hurley in the round of 32 (actually, bot Hurleys are already out)...

Ndolo once again proves that she is in great shape. I just hope that she stays focus and won't waste this huge chance for winning a medal. I have the feeling that in general epee seems to be the most unpredictable weapon.

Sadly in the men's sabre all german athletes except for Hartung are already out. Now he has to try to save the german honor.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.