5. FIBA EuroBasket 2023 (Women's)

My list of individual sports tournaments:

1. FINA WC 2023

2. IAAF WC 2023

3. WTA/ATP seasons

4. IJF WC 2023

5. FIG Artistic Gymnastics WC 2023

3 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

What are you waiting for the most??? Which events? Which tournaments? Whose comeback? Whose breakthrough? Whose WR? 

top 5 maybe

or month by month

or in whatever way you like

2023 World Aquatic Championships, 2023 World Athletics Championships, 2023 FIBA Basketball World Cup, 2023 Beach Volleyball World Championships, 2023 Judo World Championships

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023_in_sports

Things I wait for the most in 2023: (early thoughts)

January – Iga Świątek winning 1st Australian Open Singles Tournament in her career

February – Maryna Gąsienica-Daniel winning a GS medal in Alpine Skiing WCH

March – A good performance of Team POL in European Indoor Athletics CH

April – thrilling competition in Golf Masters, Augusta

May – nothing related to olympics actually, so some entertaining F1 races instead – wet race in Monaco?

June – hope that 2023 European Games will be more entertaining than I think now

July – swimming at world acquatics CH as a whole

August – world athletics CH as a whole, but my biggest fun would be Sofia Ennaoui medal in 1500m

September – not olympic sports this time but – Rugby WC

October – Rugby WC ctd.

November - ???

December - ???. Maybe POL team playing well at women’s handball WCH

Edited by rafalgorka

As usual my biggest focus is going to be for the surprise of nobody on Ice Hockey. The whole season IIHF WCH program, I just love to follow all the different tournaments in all categories, international tournaments, different national championships, NHL and all this marathon will again lead to the Seniors Top Division World Championships in May.

and what concern the rest of sports, there  

Plenty of things, hard to select only some, basically excited about following the whole Paris 2024 Qualifiers cycle, mainly the Wrestling world champs and Paris qualifying tournaments are going to be strongly followed here this time just like the Canoe Slalom worlds and eventual internal olympic qualifiers.

Among the interantional major sport events, certainly the Athletics worlds at our southern and the European Games at our northern neighbors are my most awaited events for next summer, plus obviously the Tour de France one of my most beloved tradition.

but to start the year it is almost all about the winter sports season. all winter sports world cup races, and upcoming world championships in February and March.

right now, the whole Winter Sports season, culminating in the World Champs.

and also the great finale of the American Football season, with the NCAA Bowls and Nat'l Champ game and the NFL playoffs through to the Superbowl in early February.

in March, Baseball is back! first, the World Baseball Classic, then in late March/early April, the start of the new season of MLB, NPB and KBO.

April also means playoffs Hockey (NHL, but also all around Europe), as May means the Hockey World Champs.

in Summer & early Autumn, there will be a lot of World Champs in many Olympic sports (Athletics, Acquatics, Fencing, Judo my favourites, but also many, many more).

September means that a new Hockey season is back.

October means playoffs Baseball (MLB, NPB, KBO).

and then the cycle starts again with a whole new season of Wintersports, while the c(o)untdown :rolleyes::crazy: for Paris 2024 runs quickly with the various sports' qualifications.

Edited by phelps

Hard to already have a full plan, but the mountainbike World Cup in Valkenburg is definitely on the list (in the spring) :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!