website statistics

European Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

Three European Games, three different versions of history by float, parade, or kaleidoscope :cool:

Athens 2004 still holding some influence over the continent.

I really like this OG. My first summer OG.

2 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Very quick jump from 1450-1919 there.

Athens also did that in their ceremony. No need to remember the parts that don’t exceptionalize your country 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Athens also did that in their ceremony. No need to remember the parts that don’t exceptionalize your country 

But 1450-1700 was the Golden Age of Poland when they regularly won wars & seized territory from all the neighbou…..yeah, on second thoughts, perhaps best not.  :offtopic:

You must know that in Warsaw probably this event will be more International. It was so easy to predict to be more folkloric / regional in this part. Many foreigners love Cracow and the peace from this city. Me also (I live in Warsaw). Cracow is my favourite polish city.

Edited by Adriano

2 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

But 1450-1700 was the Golden Age of Poland when they regularly won wars & seized territory from all the neighbou…..yeah, on second thoughts, perhaps best not.  :offtopic:

You know about polish -sweden wars?

3 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

They could have partitioned one of those stages, no? :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela