website statistics

Rhythmic Gymnastics FIG World Cup 2019

hckošice

A medal for Romania. Seriously? It's not that this is a scandal, but it's suspicious to say the least. This is Romania's fifth medal at the World Cup. The first one was earned in 1990 in Belgium. Then, in 2013, Piscupescu won three medals at the Bucharest World Cup. Let's consider for a moment she had an awesome day. Yeah, that could be possible. However, she never won another medal at the World Cup or Grand Prix series in her career, let alone European, World or Olympics medals. In fact, she did not even qualify for the 2012 Olympics. Now, Mailat won another medal for Romania at a World Cup stage... in Romania. Granted, this time everybody basically messed up their routines, so Mailat deserves some credit, but still very weird.

And poor Hungarian group was robbed of a medal. Azerbaijan did not deserve a medal with that flawed 3+2 routine. This would have been Hungary's first ever medal at the World Cup. They were merely 0.050 behind the Azerbaijani group.

I'm somewhat upset with the results of this stage.

I would honestly not grant Romania the privilege to host any other World Cup event anytime soon. Very suspicious results for the home gymnasts, and not only once, but twice in two occasions (2013 and 2019). However, they were granted another chance in 2020. Let's see what will happen then.

I don't know if Guadalajara decided not to bid to host a World Cup stage in 2020, but if they did and got the cold shoulder, this is very surprising. There's no reason for FIG to decide to keep Cluj Napoca and Portimão as part of the World Cup series except for extreme necessity (i.e., Spain not bidding). Even Berlin is a better option, but I know that Berlin dropped out because the costs are too high. It's easier for most cities to apply as hosts of the Grand Prix series instead of the World Cup series, unfortunately.

Edited by thiago_simoes

4 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

A medal for Romania. Seriously? It's not that this is a scandal, but it's suspicious to say the least. This is Romania's fifth medal at the World Cup. The first one was earned in 1990 in Belgium. Then, in 2013, Piscupescu won three medals at the Bucharest World Cup. Let's consider for a moment she had an awesome day. Yeah, that could be possible. However, she never won another medal at the World Cup or Grand Prix series in her career, let alone European, World or Olympics medals. In fact, she did not even qualify for the 2012 Olympics. Now, Mailat won another medal for Romania at a World Cup stage... in Romania. Granted, this time everybody basically messed up their routines, so Mailat deserves some credit, but still very weird.

And poor Hungarian group was robbed of a medal. Azerbaijan did not deserve a medal with that flawed 3+2 routine. This would have been Hungary's first ever medal at the World Cup. They were merely 0.050 behind the Azerbaijani group.

I'm somewhat upset with the results of this stage.

I would honestly not grant Romania the privilege to host any other World Cup event anytime soon. Very suspicious results for the home gymnasts, and not only once, but twice in two occasions (2013 and 2019). However, they were granted another chance in 2020. Let's see what will happen then.

I don't know if Guadalajara decided not to bid to host a World Cup stage in 2020, but if they did and got the cold shoulder, this is very surprising. There's no reason for FIG to decide to keep Cluj Napoca and Portimão as part of the World Cup series except for extreme necessity (i.e., Spain not bidding). Even Berlin is a better option, but I know that Berlin dropped out because the costs are too high. It's easier for most cities to apply as hosts of the Grand Prix series instead of the World Cup series, unfortunately.

Honestly it was a politic vote, i saw the routine just few hours ago. She was really overpayed, i agree at 101% with every single word of your post