website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2022

Totallympics

43 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Isn´t the same for everyone, I mean officially the Slovak anthem also has 4 stanzas, 99% of slovaks never heard I guess, but only the first 2 are used (Including for sports) ... sometimes only the first one though..., but sometimes also simply the Slovenian ...

The full anthem is played here in every ceremony so it's the other way around, 99% of people know the entire thing.   

The short versions in sport are the unusual event for us. And it's weird because when the music starts we don't know what to sing inmediately because some sports decide to play the intro, some the end, some play a weird combination of both with fast tempo...

2 minutes ago, LDOG said:

And it's weird because when the music starts we don't know what to sing inmediately because some sports decide to play the intro, some the end, some play a weird combination of both with fast tempo..

wow, yes, that sounds pretty weird indeed :lol: I noticed many times during the anthems ARG players starting to sing the anthem after a sort of short intro is played, but did not know there so many versions/possibilities to chose from :p

Just now, hckošice said:

wow, yes, that sounds pretty weird indeed :lol: I noticed many times during the anthems ARG players starting to sing the anthem after a sort of short intro is played, but did not know there so many versions/possibilities to chose from :p

Yeah intro has no lyrics.  

Sometimes they jump straight to the end from the intro and athletes make a face like saying "oh shit I have to sing" because they thought it was only the intro.