website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2022

Totallympics

11 hours ago, ChandlerMne said:

Who would say it...3 draws turned into title :) Cant recall anything from that WC. Italy probably didnt score lot of goals, was defensive for the most part. :p But good to know that 3rd round will be open for majority of teams to qualify.

they were defensive only in group stage.

then they dominated a full offensive minded main round (2-1 and 3-2 vs :ARG and :BRA), semi & final (2-0 and 3-1 with a missed penalty vs :POL and :GER).

as I wrote, it was the turnaround of the Century under any POV (from attitude to style of play to results).

p.s. I was only 8 years old, but I remember that tournament (almost every match) as if it was played last week :yikes: :facepalm:

sad to say, but I have better football memories from the Eighties and Nineties than the last 10/15 years, when I progressively started to dislike the whole environment (from players to referees to officials and footy-related media) and losing interest day after day (nowadays I'm at the all time low...I just follow the world cup and continental champs...and not because of the games themselves, rather for the mystic aura that those global events have on me).

:CMR since their fairytale journey in Italia 90 where they won 3 matches against Argentina, Romania and Colombia and advanced to the quarterfinals and were literally only 6 minutes of qualifying to the semifinals after leading England...

won later only 1 single match and it was against a very weak Saudi Arabia of 2002 by 1:0 when their todays coach Song was playing in the defence this was followed by a 8 matches losing streak at WC :p Today if SRB win Cameroon will equal the record longest losing streak of Mexico from 1930 to 1962

Edited by hckošice

3 minutes ago, hckošice said:

:CMR since their fairytale journey in Italia 90 where they won 3 matches against Argentina, Romania and Colombia and advanced to the quarterfinals and were literally only 6 minutes of qualifying to the semifinals after leading England...

won later only 1 single match and it was against a very weak Saudi Arabia of 2002 by 1:0 when their todays coach Song was playing in the defence this was followed by a 8 matches losing streak at WC :p Today if SRB win Cameroon will equal the record longest losing streak of Mexico from 1930 to 1966

did you call it, didn't you? :p