website statistics

Judo IJF World Championships 2022

Totallympics

7 hours ago, phelps said:

I'd say biased if not truly "political" calls (and not only of "shido")...

in particular, Mrs. Babiuc isn't absolutely making a single call fair to the athletes from certain Nations (what she did to Giuffrida against Krasniqi yesterday was just not acceptable at any level...she shouldn't be an international ref anymore*).

*ps let's make it clear...Krasniqi is stronger and most likely she would win in any case, but at least we deserved to watch a good match between 2 Olympic medallists...and that lady made it impossible.

Days 3, 1/4 constest (27/99) end with a HSK, vs 12 for day one and 14 for day two, is so pathetics 

Edited by seb851

Day #4

Women's -63kg

Gold: :JPN Megumi Horikawa

Silver: :CAN Catherine Beauchemin-Pinard

Bronze: :POR Barbara Timo & :FRA Manon Deketer

Men's -81kg

Gold: :GEO Tato Grigalashvili

Silver: :BEL Matthias Casse

Bronze: :JPN Takanori Nakase & :AUT Shamil Borchashvili

12 hours ago, Makedonas said:

Still no wins for us, however with Teltsidou and Tselidis (our two best) competing tomorrow I am optimistic that will change.

could have gone better...:p

Teltsidou went out so early that she couldn't even breathe the athmosphere of a world championship...meanwhile Tselidis won a couple of matches, then he had very favourable conditions in round #3...a kind of judo that makes impossible to make their own judo to the opponents, the super anti-Italian Mongolian ref that allowed him almost anything penalizing only Parlati and a true idiot (but with immense talent) like the young Italian against...

but this time talent beat ref + the stupid attitude of our guy (who repeated himself even with more emphasis in the quarterfinals, when he defeated the Brazilian guy after having basically already lost -and again despite that infamous ref).

more in general, also today I've already seen a lot of infamous calls by the refs, especially they're not calling at all tons of false attacks, giving away shido as if it rains to the guys victim of all those false attacks...they're just killing the show...:facepalm: :wall: :stop:

Day #5

Today's medal matches are:

Women's -70kg

Bronze Medal match #1: :GER Miriam Butkereit vs :JPN Saki Niizoe

Bronze Medal match #2: :NED Sanne Van Dijke vs :JPN Shiho Tanaka

Gold Medal match: :CRO Barbara Matic vs :CRO Lara Cvjetko

Men's -90kg

Bronze Medal match #1: :CUB Ivan Felipe Silva Morales vs :GEO Luka Maisuradze

Bronze Medal match #2: :ESP Tristani Mosakhlishvili vs :GEO Lasha Bekauri

Gold Medal match: :ITA Christian Parlati vs :UZB Davlat Bobonov

1 hour ago, prso1000 said:

Croatian final in 70kg :yikes:

great result for your team...but at the same time, it's a pity that one of the two girls won't be able to compete in Paris (and probably it's too late for any of them to try and change weight class and qualify for the next Olympics, even if I think Cvjetko has room to go up in the -78kg class in the next Olympic cycle).

on the men's side, Parlati has lived dangerously all day long, but it paid off so far.

a bit surprisingly, no Georgian has made the final...they had 2 in the semis, but both of them let their opponent upset them.

good that finally the Home team is represented at least in one gold medal match...but I hope they stop at silver, of course...:p