website statistics

Men's Football UEFA European Championship 2024

Totallympics

12 minutes ago, vlad said:

I agree, but that counterattack stopped by the ref before the second goal is a big joke.

Yeah, there was no way that was dangerous play.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

After a group stage that just got worse and worse in terms of play, finally it was better today, with a lot more action being created and a very well deserved win :cheer:

Of course now it remains to be seen what this will mean. Should quite easily have been 6-0 with some of those massive chances, one can assume the strong teams will punish these misses a lot harder...

It was better today because we play horrible:d Let's see against a team which don't makes gifts and play football. 

Btw, Reinders and Scouten are the best for me today. They did a great job in the middle.

1 minute ago, vlad said:

It was better today because we play horrible:d 

At least they showed good things in the past weeks, I'd have excellent hopes for the World Cup qualifying :d

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 out of the 7 top nations are in the QFs, only Italy is missing.

For comparison...

EURO 2020 only had 3 of them in the QFs: :ITA  :ESP  :ENG 

EURO 2016 only had 4 of them in the QFs: :POR  :GER  :ITA  :FRA

EURO 2012 had 6 of them in the QFs, only Netherlands missed it.

This is definitely the most predictable / least surprising EUROs in the 24 teams format. 

Just for fun because I am bored, here are how many times the European nations made it into the Top8 at the WC and Euro in the "CR7 era" (big tournaments since 2004):

8 QFs - :FRA

7 QFs - :ENG  :GER  :POR

6 QFs - :NED 

5 QFs - :ESP  :ITA

4 QFs - :BEL

3 QFs - :CRO  :CZE 

2 QFs - :DEN  :GRE  :RUS  :SUI  :SWE  :UKR 

1 QF - :ISL  :POL  :TUR  :WAL