website statistics

Men's Football UEFA European Championship 2024

Totallympics

3 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Well, miracles happens sometime for sure, but that is one thing I am pretty sure will not happen :d

In 2016 England lost to Iceland in the 1/8. If I were the English team, I would approach every match seriously, knowing their recent history.

5 hours ago, hckošice said:

Well, miracles happens sometime for sure, but that is one thing I am pretty sure will not happen :d

Lets put it this way Slovakia has a better chance of beating England than Georgia has of beating Spain. :d

1 hour ago, Roamingrover86 said:

Lets put it this way Slovakia has a better chance of beating England than Georgia has of beating Spain. :d

Maybe in Hockey (the one played on ice) :d but this is football, it is their game. We are already super happy to be there, that´s already enough what we could have wished :)

No sane English person is looking past Slovakia. Those newspaper headlines are from tabloid newspapers, who will be the first to turn on the England team when they lose. They are trash.

As for the "Football's Coming Home" thing, it was partially a play on words because Euro 96 was held in England (the "home" of the game).

And it is a song about hope in the face of defeat, not an arrogant assumption that we'll win. It's weird that it's become part of the idea that the English are more arrogant than everyone else.

8 hours ago, Epic Failure said:

No sane English person is looking past Slovakia. Those newspaper headlines are from tabloid newspapers, who will be the first to turn on the England team when they lose. They are trash.

As for the "Football's Coming Home" thing, it was partially a play on words because Euro 96 was held in England (the "home" of the game).

And it is a song about hope in the face of defeat, not an arrogant assumption that we'll win. It's weird that it's become part of the idea that the English are more arrogant than everyone else.

They don't do irony in Europe clearly.