website statistics

Women's Volleyball CEV European Championship 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

3 minutes ago, Adriano said:

Italy love naturalize volleyball players ;) 😉 

if they come here to learn to play better and make a lot of money they wouldn't get anywhere else, why not asking them to play also for our NT?

however, almost every naturalized player that played for our NT (in every sport) came here to live all of their life also after they stop playing professional sport (and in fact we also have a lot of sons/daughters of former players that played for different NTs like Zaytsev or Travica, for instance, whose fathers played for URS and YUG respectively)

it's not that we're just buying their sport performance as many other Nations do :evil:

p.s. Antropova's story is way different and I explained it in the previous post ;)

Every rare :SVK win in a non-ice hockey team sport major tournament deserve a mention :p

First win and first 3 points to the tally after today´s :SVK - :FIN 3-0 win

Eventually One more win and we may advance from the group, which was the "secretly-hoped" goal

41 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Every rare :SVK win in a non-ice hockey team sport major tournament deserve a mention :p

First win and first 3 points to the tally after today´s :SVK - :FIN 3-0 win

Eventually One more win and we may advance from the group, which was the "secretly-hoped" goal

Actually, Slovakia has a very good chance to get 3rd place in group, after :NED and :FRA :p I'm very confident you will beat Estonia, while the match with Spain will be more equal. But you beat Spain already in qualification, so it could go either way. I'm setting my sight on a good :BUL - :SVK 1/8. :bones:

Edited by Federer91

4 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Actually, Slovakia has a very good chance to get 3rd place in group, after :NED and :FRA :p I'm very confident you will beat Estonia, while the match with Spain will be more equal. But you beat Spain already in qualification, so it could go either way. I'm setting my sight on a good :BUL - :SVK 1/8. :bones:

well, only what I can add to this is ...from your mouth to god´s ears my dear friend. that would be awesome :d

We are making awful, awful mistakes today, just like we did against Croatia yesterday. Our play is very up and down..:dunno: They make 5 straight great points and then 3-4 junior level errors. Bosnia isn't a caliber opponent where this makes a difference, unlike the Nations League earlier in summer, where this costed us 2-3 wins.  

58 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Normally :NED should win this group, but they are playing awful volleyball against Spain. A narrow escape in the first (25-23) and far behind in the second. So many mistakes. Very poor level.

10 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

Bad result for us today, 0-3 against the hosts Germany. We had some set points in the third set but could not do it. I thought we had a good chance to win going into the match.

Based on what?

6 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Based on what?

Decent results in recent friendlies, for example we played 4 sets vs Bulgaria just a couple weeks ago and won all four of them (whereas they beat us 3-0 at the European Championships in both 2019 and 2021). In general our team seems to have improved over the past few years, mainly due to our teenage star Martha Anthouli (2.02 cm) leading the way now.