website statistics

Rowing FISA Under 19 & Under 23 World Championships 2022

Totallympics

2 hours ago, hckošice said:

That is something hardly believable :d

Anyway, congrats to the kid then, hopefully it was not just a one day fluke.

and the guy (Peter Strecansky) was closer to GER for silver than the other crews were close to him...

hopefully he can have a good transition to the senior ranks in the next few years and maybe qualify for the 2028 Olympics (Paris is still too early for this year's juniors, I fear)...

18 minutes ago, phelps said:

and the guy (Peter Strecansky) was closer to GER for silver than the other crews were close to him...

hopefully he can have a good transition to the senior ranks in the next few years and maybe qualify for the 2028 Olympics (Paris is still too early for this year's juniors, I fear)...

Ok, so I did some quick googling.. The only thing I found was this https://www.facebook.com/groups/66201642336/permalink/10158555921072337/

Peter Strečanský, First year among Juniors.

Managed to win the first ever Slovak medal in history in the World Juniors Champs in the sport of Rowing. Best result so far was 4th places also in the Single Sculls in 2003 and 2010.

He was 2nd in the Heats, won his QF, was 3rd in yesterday SF and 3rd also in todays Final A. With a time 7:02,12 he also improved his new PB.

That is already more than I have read about Rowing in Slovak in whole my life so far :lol:

1 hour ago, phelps said:

Never say never, don't forget that there are opportunities in the single sculls (and lightweight double sculls) for countries who haven't qualified more than 1 boat after the World Championships. The level in the European qualifying regatta was not very high last year.