website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Weather Thread

heywoodu

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I saw that the Netherlands was forecast to get quite a bit of snow over the next few days. Hopefully @heywoodu will be able to snag a couple nice snowy photos for us.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

36 minutes ago, rybak said:

And in southern Poland we have right now orange snow :lol: 

Może być zdjęciem przedstawiającym przyroda

Ah yes that's sand from the Sahara right? :d

There was the same phenomenon yesterday in the eastern part of France, the sky was orange and in the mountains the sand covered the snow.

55 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yeah, I saw that the Netherlands was forecast to get quite a bit of snow over the next few days. Hopefully @heywoodu will be able to snag a couple nice snowy photos for us.

First significant snowfall in one or two years and probably the first time in 5-6 years it actually will stay around for at least a week (forecasts are for it to not be over zero degrees until the end of February, including during sunny days :d).

And the best of all, @brunamoura just finished a session of some fun and actual cross-country skiing right on the street in front of my house! :cheer: Literally on the evening before going to Austria for the season, timing could not have been better. Despite (of course) using her oldest and most shitty pair of skis, wrong poles, wrong gloves and not having any kind of prepared track, she said she felt great :cheer: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

14 minutes ago, Bohemia said:

Ah yes that's sand from the Sahara right? :d

There was the same phenomenon yesterday in the eastern part of France, the sky was orange and in the mountains the sand covered the snow.

Yes it is Sahara's sand :d 

I saw some photos from France and Italy and it really looks like from an movie :d 

@NearPup You seem to have brought the Canadian weather down with you :p

It snowed throughout Texas yesterday. Temperatures are insanely low for the part of the US. Snow was also forecast for parts of Louisiana, Alabama, Arkansas, North Carolina, etc. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela