website statistics

Canada's 2024 Olympics Qualification Discussion

April 2024 Olympic Qualification Events

There’ll also be various athletics and swimming meets (as if you reach the swimming OQS throughout the qualification period all you have to do is finish top two at Olympic Trials in May to secure your spot on the team)

Beach Volleyball - Norceca Continental Tour Punta Cana (April 4-8, counts towards qualification for the Norceca Olympic Qualification Tournament Finals)

Sailing - Princess Sofia Regatta (April 1-6, 2/2 events for ICLA 6/49er Olympic team selection, 2/2 events for ICLA 7/iQFoil Olympic team selection pending qualification, and 1/2 events for women’s kiteboarding Olympic team selection), Semaine Olympique Francaise (April 18-27)

Track Cycling- UCI Nations Cup Milton (April 12-14, final event counting towards the Olympic Ranking)

Shooting - Pan American Rifle & Pistol Championships (April 2-7, 2024), Final Rifle & Pistol World Olympic Qualifier (April 11-19), Final Shotgun World Olympic Qualifier (April 23-30)

Weightlifting - IWF World Cup Phuket (March 31- April 11), final event counting towards the Olympic Ranking)

Fencing - Pan American Olympic Qualifier (April 6-7)

Taekwondo - Pan American Olympic Qualifier (April 9-10)

Archery - American Championships (April 10-14)

Table Tennis - Mixed Doubles World Olympic Qualifier (April 11-12)

Athletics - Race Walking Team World Championships (April 20-21)

Canoe Sprint - Canadian National Team Trials 1 (April 1-4, counts towards Olympic team selection), Sprint Canoeing American Olympic Qualifier (April 23-25)

Edited by Josh

1 minute ago, Josh said:

No quota in mixed doubles badminton. Sad. 

Because the team that is in the semi finals won't have enough points to overtake another team? Is that it? It doesn't appear that the semi finals have started yet. 

5 minutes ago, james89 said:

Because the team that is in the semi finals won't have enough points to overtake another team? Is that it? It doesn't appear that the semi finals have started yet. 

Lol I’m watching the semifinals now, Chiu/Gai won and Lindeman/Wu lost. 

Edited by Josh

Looks like it’ll be 0-2 in the race to Paris against our American counterparts, this time an exit in the semifinals of women’s doubles. Just three years ago we qualified a full team, oh times have changed. 

11 minutes ago, Josh said:

Looks like it’ll be 0-2 in the race to Paris against our American counterparts, this time an exit in the semifinals of women’s doubles. Just three years ago we qualified a full team, oh times have changed. 

Fucking pathetic. 

15 minutes ago, Josh said:

And Brian Yang lost to :ESA :hairpull:

One of the worst days of the Olympic qualification period from my perspective…

Not even a full team in men’s and women’s sprint would make up for this disaster. I’m done. 

BTW, although Xu/Xu and Chiu/Gai were ahead of the Canadian pairs in the Olympic Ranking heading into this event that’s pretty much due to the fact that they were competing at most of the BWF events on the calendar unlike the Canadians (Their athletes probably have more funding than ours I’m assuming). They’d lose early most of the time, but occasionally they’d make it past a couple of rounds. Also can I just mention that we won all four gold medals last year. That tells you all you need to know…