website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing 2022 - 2023 Discussion Thread

Emil Persson with a mighty sprint to take the victory as first Swede since 2012 :bowdown: 

16-year old mega talent Alvar Myhlback, who skipped the junior worlds for ths Ski Classics, finishes in an amazing 8th. To think he needed an exception to even compete today, since you have to be 19 to compete normally - he is the youngest Vasaloppet skier ever.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 3/5/2023 at 9:03 AM, heywoodu said:

Astrid Slind, who did the 30k classic in Planica not even 20 hours before the Vasaloppet start, took the lead in the women's race and made a nice gap, but Emilie Fleten has caught her after 40km or so and is now a minute ahead. Fleten has collected 16 (!) podium positions in the big classics in the past few years, but not a single win :yikes: 

N2kbDj1.png

Today could be the day for the Wendy Holdener of Ski Classics :d 

She is Andrew Mugrave’s gf so c’mon Andy, do the right thing & get this girl a :GBR passport immediately!

1 hour ago, Grassmarket said:

The Engadin Classic Marathon on Sunday is going to be shown FTA on the Olympic Channel.  Normally the Ski Classic series of races are hidden away on PayTV channels, expect in the Scandi countries. 

ViaPlay has them and since this season also broadcasts them in the Netherlands (with English commentary!) on their streaming platform :cheer: 

That was an incredibly unexpected yet fantastic discovery when I realized that in November or so :d 

Can't check right now but I hope Engadin will be there as well.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

37 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

ViaPlay has them and since this season also broadcasts them in the Netherlands (with English commentary!) on their streaming platform :cheer: 

That was an incredibly unexpected yet fantastic discovery when I realized that in November or so :d 

Can't check right now but I hope Engadin will be there as well.

Yes, we also,get them on Viaplay - suddenly arrived mid January. 

Katja Visnar :SLO appeared in some FIS races in Norway this weekend, and is....well, in very good shape apparently :yikes: 

https://www.skiforbundet.no/globalassets/09-rennarrangorer/2020-equinor-nc-mjosski/resultater/resultatliste-equinor-nc-dag-2-sprint---kvinner-senoir.pdf

Even second place in the qualifying in a very strong field full of well-known names!

https://www.skiforbundet.no/globalassets/09-rennarrangorer/2020-equinor-nc-mjosski/resultater/resultatliste-equinor-nc-dag-2-sprint-prolog---kvinner-senior.pdf

Edited by heywoodu

Never mind, those are results from 2020, I'm blind :lol: 

The Norwegian federation site linked to that and I hadn't noticed their mistake :p