website statistics

Volleyball/Sitting Volleyball

Win or lose, I was really looking forward to this game.  

Ask me how many times I Iooked forward to a Canadian team competing only to get nothing.  Hope they lose tomorrow and get the usual 4th in the group.  Fitting.  

Boo hoo, I know. Could have lost a hard fought match and it would have been fine.  But this is bullshit.  

Edited by orangeman

They got dominated.  Like Poland dominating Mexico dominated.  It was sad.  

Just wanted a little win, or at least a bit of a fight, after the Blue Jays went down.  

If it's top 3, Canada will get fourth. If it's top 2, Canada will get 3rd. It's tradition, don't know why I expect different.  

If Bulgaria doesn’t beat Belgium, then I can’t be bothered to watch Canada’s match against Mexico. I’m just about the biggest volleyball fan, and watch pretty much everything but I would be pissed. 

Edited by Josh

18 minutes ago, Josh said:

If Bulgaria doesn’t beat Belgium (or at least take them to 5, with big point margins in favor of them), then I can’t be bothered to watch Canada’s match against Mexico. I’m just about the biggest volleyball fan, and watch pretty much everything but I would be pissed. 

I mean...it's over. Clear your schedule.  

I need to let it go, but I just can't imagine (mostly because it never has happened to me, and will never happen to me) having a ticket to the Olympics sitting in front of me and then giving that performance.  

If you didn't watch the game, it wasn't just a loss.  It wasn't just a high seeded team defeating a low seeded team (Canada is ranked significantly higher than Belgium regardless).  It was a slaughter.  

The first set was humiliating to watch, like watching a sex scene with your parents when you expected a nice PG 13 movie.  You can't just get up, you can't say anything.  You just have to watch it and hope it ends soon.  

The second set was fine, not great.  

The third set started off with the characters taking their clothes off again in front on your parents, but somehow Canada battled back. This was the only time they looked competent. They had many, many, opportunities to win the set but instead they gave a blowjob in front of you and your mother.  

The fourth set was simply not professional from the Canadians.  It was an embarrassment. Your parents stopped watching the sex scene with you and started doing it themselves in front of you. It was that level of embarrassment and disrespect.  Like I said, I can't imagine ever doing it, or why anyone ever would do it. But yet I sat through it.  And now I'm scarred.