website statistics

Tennis 2016 Discussion Thread

rybak

^ totally, no point watching the final. Djokobot can't be taken down by that package.

And what a fluke Thiem, just like every under 26 (!) player in ATP. So many years and still the same people dominating, unprecedented in Tennis.

vor 1 Minute schrieb LDOG:

^ totally, no point watching the final. Djokobot can't be taken down by that package.

And what a fluke Thiem, just like every under 26 (!) player in ATP. So many years and still the same people dominating, unprecedented in Tennis.

Zverev and Kyrgios are coming and dont forget Kuhn and Auger Aliassime, they are all huge talents. I agree about the final, Djokovic should win in 3 sets, Wawrinka wouldve had a realistic chance to beat Djokovic. Really sad times without Federer and Nadal. Lets hope for a miracle, go Andy! :lol:

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

19 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Yeah, as a neutral person when it comes to tennis, the men's tour is not exactly that great....I mean, Djokovic, Federer, Nadal and Murray are obviously great players, but come on, I've sort of had enough of always seeing the same names mixed with a Wawrinka or something every now and then...

The women's tour is much more interesting in the sense that there are more new names coming up, although of course with Serena it's still same old same old so hopefully she'll be done anytime soon :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Sorry, i thought that Federer won the French Open one time more than Djokovic, you should never trust Wikipedia, probably some Djokovic hater manipulated the data. :wacko:

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 12 Minuten schrieb heywoodu:

Yeah, as a neutral person when it comes to tennis, the men's tour is not exactly that great....I mean, Djokovic, Federer, Nadal and Murray are obviously great players, but come on, I've sort of had enough of always seeing the same names mixed with a Wawrinka or something every now and then...

The women's tour is much more interesting in the sense that there are more new names coming up, although of course with Serena it's still same old same old so hopefully she'll be done anytime soon :p 

Mens tennis is higher quality and you are less likely to get a heart attack, which can happen very easily if you watch womens tennis, but its also much more predictable and therefore less interesting in my opinion. I really wonder what Serena's dominance tells us about Serena herself. Is she only that dominant because everyone else is so weak or does the fact that no one else is really consistent tell us that Serena is even more special, because she is the only one who is consistent? About a decade ago we had players like Clijsters, Henin or peak Venus who also won multiple slams, i really wonder what (if anything) changed since then? I think Muguruza has the potential to win multiple slams, but i dont know about all the other upcoming players, so its very likely that we will have many different (surprising) slam winners in 2-3 years.

Edit: I forgot about Bencic. In my opinion she will be the dominant player in a couple of years, who will win many slams, but only if she can solve her health problems.

Edited by OlympicsFan

I have to say that Kyrios is not player for GS title. Not in next 4 years. He is born in 1995. and he has only one atp title. And you expect that he will win GS in next 2-3 years. No way.

Edited by dareza