website statistics

Weightlifting EWF European Championships 2022

Totallympics

Great start for us already with the first mens weight and Angel Rusev defending the title from last year. He could have made more in the C&J and made an U23 record, but got the emotions going after securing the cold. 

Very tight fight with the Spaniard Brachi, who dropped a weight, which turned out to be a great move for them, getting an overall silver and small gold in the snatch. It did help that the two Turks bombed out and Berdelidze failed spectacularly in the C&J, though i think he would have beaten them either way.

3 out of 3 :clap:  Only disappointment is that this 100th edition should have been held in Bulgaria, so it could have been a real celebration for the sport. Only if it wasn't for the power hungry morons here, who just don't f'n go away and continue to try to destroy the sport. 

Our only medal hope Bražaitė finished 5th. Well done to her nevertheless, as I can't recall Lithuania even competing in women's weightlifting, let alone fighting for the medals opportunities.

3 minutes ago, MHSN said:

is there any livescore ?

can't find one on EWF website but I remember they used to have one during their competitions.

on this page (it's in Ukranian) there are links to results and streaming...

http://wrestlingua.com/news/33962-european-weightlifting-championship-2022-schedule-and-program-of-the-tournament-in-albania-look.html

On 5/29/2022 at 3:02 PM, phelps said:

where did that Albanian girl come from in the women's -55kg? :crazy: :rolleyes:

I am very curious about her if anyone has any info about her background. Her name is Greek (I can't find any other Albanians named Evangelia/Evagjelia, and I know Greeks with the surname Velis/Veli although I guess the name is basic/short enough that the feminine Greek version could also be a surname in other countries? It's not like her surname is Giannopoulou or something :d), and she writes a lot in Greek on Instagram comments under her posts and I remember she used to have a lot of photos in Athens (I stalked her profile periodically after I spotted her name at the Rio Olympics :lol:) and I still can't find out what her story is. She always used #albaniangirl or something on Instagram (never claimed to be Greek as far as I know) and all of her old photos were deleted and it looks like she is no longer based in Greece.

Wikipedia says she's from Fier which is not part of the Greek minority zone in Albania...

For almost 6 years now I have been trying to find info on her background :p

I was expecting a world record today. mostly from Karlos Nasar but it was Antonino Pizzolato who broke the WR today! 89kg was a non-Olympic weight until few months ago with a low level and those Standard WRs were still there until today but the Italian broke CJ and Total WR today. 392kg in total is an impressive result. might be enough for an Olympic gold. :bowdown: