website statistics

Weightlifting EWF European Championships 2022

Totallympics

Antonino!!!!

what a performance!

tbh, I didn't expect him to lift 175kg in the snatch, while I knew he has great results in his arms in the C&J (in Tokyo he was close to upset the Chinese guy with that desperate last lift)...

today he was really impressive, also because he looked totally confident from the first (missed) lift to the last (unnecessary, but very welcome) masterpiece at 217kg...

I also expected Nasar to lift more than he did, but probably he got too nervous after the snatch...

by the way, 3rd European title in a row for Pizzolato, which makes him already the greatest lifter Italy has ever had...

I was also impressed by the 206 C&J effort by Cristiano Ficco (the Buenos Aires Youth Olympic Champion), unfortunately he had such a poor outing in the snatch and finally he had to be satisfied with the 4th spot in the Olympic Total only...

but I'm sure he's going to be a medal threat in Paris, too...

the Bulgaria vs Italy fight in this class might be one of the highlight of the Olympics in 2 years time (at least, I hope so)...

This time it wasn't that close like last year, bit Pizzolato is becoming like a black cat for Karlos. Weightlifting isn't a sport where you could form a duel, a rivalry between two athletes that much, as there is no face-off, but these two are the best thing to try it. 

That Pizzolato lift at 217 was high class, he is very impressive. Bad news for him is that Karlos is only 17-18 and will accumulate more strength and experience in the coming years. Hope losing twice to him will serve as motivation. 

well. Talakhadze is human after all. (I was starting to believe otherwise :d) for the first time after 7 years he struggled and could lose the gold medal to Lalayan . even though he still won the gold with a mediocre record

I don't know if it is just one not-great tournament or the age is catching up with him finally. he is still 28 so I believe he just wasn't in a great shape.