website statistics

Badminton 2019 Discussion Thread

Griff88

• 2 weeks later...

@Function CR Lee

I have a few questions to ask here. I was really shocked at China players poor performance at the recently held German Open 2019.

Han Chengkai / Zhou Haodong had R2 to an unknown player with a very low ranking. How come like this?

Then He Jiting / Tan Qiang went on to lose to an old independent MD player Bodin Issara / Maneepong Jongjit in the QF. How come such a poor result?

I thought Han Chengkai / Zhou Haodong and He Jiting / Tan Qing are good because they have won over Kevin / Gideon a few times. But now how come such poor results?

39 minutes ago, up and down said:

@Function CR Lee

I have a few questions to ask here. I was really shocked at China players poor performance at the recently held German Open 2019.

Han Chengkai / Zhou Haodong had R2 to an unknown player with a very low ranking. How come like this?

Then He Jiting / Tan Qiang went on to lose to an old independent MD player Bodin Issara / Maneepong Jongjit in the QF. How come such a poor result?

I thought Han Chengkai / Zhou Haodong and He Jiting / Tan Qing are good because they have won over Kevin / Gideon a few times. But now how come such poor results?

Us Indonesians have an anecdote: Han/Zhou and He/Tan are designed to defeat Gideon/Sukamuljo, not other pairs.

Personally I think it is because of their form is not at the top form yet, especially after Chinese New Year break.

51 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

Us Indonesians have an anecdote: Han/Zhou and He/Tan are designed to defeat Gideon/Sukamuljo, not other pairs.

Personally I think it is because of their form is not at the top form yet, especially after Chinese New Year break.

Thank you very much for you reply.

@wumo26

So it is already confirmed right? Mathias Boe and Carsten Mogensen partnership set to be split up after All England right? Then both will be playing with different partners right?

What is the real reason behind the split?

Then Mads Pieler Kolding and Mads Conrad Petersen also split right?

So Mathias Boe will partner Mads Conrad Petersen as the independent MD player while Carsten Mogensen will partner Mads Pieler Kolding right?

What do you think? Will this new partnership work out?

Seems like under this new partnership work out? Now we have 2 front court players playing together and also 2 back court players playing together. Will it actually work out during tournament time?

12 minutes ago, up and down said:

@wumo26

So it is already confirmed right? Mathias Boe and Carsten Mogensen partnership set to be split up after All England right? Then both will be playing with different partners right?

What is the real reason behind the split?

Then Mads Pieler Kolding and Mads Conrad Petersen also split right?

So Mathias Boe will partner Mads Conrad Petersen as the independent MD player while Carsten Mogensen will partner Mads Pieler Kolding right?

What do you think? Will this new partnership work out?

Seems like under this new partnership work out? Now we have 2 front court players playing together and also 2 back court players playing together. Will it actually work out during tournament time?

It has all been confirmed.

The real reason why Boe and Mogensen split is probably because Mogensen wants to be part of the national team. Before he split with Boe, they were not part of the NT, and the chance of being selected for the WCH and Olympics were small.  

The weird part is that Boe has now decided to go back to Denmark and be part of the NT again. Both pairs are now part of the NT.

The NT coach says both pairs are temporary until summer this year. In the summer they will decide if the new partnerships work. 

Boe/Conrad played together in Thomas Cup, which worked quite good, so the NT is hopeful and positive about this partnership. 

Mogensen/Kolding is more questionable. They played together back in 2012, I think, and won a tournament. Though, it's the only time they have played together, so we just have to wait and see how it goes.

I think both partnerships can work. Boe/Conrad has showed they can play together, so hopefully they will continue to develop their play. 

Mogensen/Kolding can be a powerful pair. Kolding has a strong smash and he will probably be the dominant back court player.  Mogensen will likely be the only player of the two who will go front court, but I think we will see much more back court play from this pair. 

My fingers are crossed for these new partrnerships. Hopefully both will work out and Denmark will have two or three strong MD. 

4 minutes ago, wumo26 said:

It has all been confirmed.

The real reason why Boe and Mogensen split is probably because Mogensen wants to be part of the national team. Before he split with Boe, they were not part of the NT, and the chance of being selected for the WCH and Olympics were small.  

The weird part is that Boe has now decided to go back to Denmark and be part of the NT again. Both pairs are now part of the NT.

The NT coach says both pairs are temporary until summer this year. In the summer they will decide if the new partnerships work. 

Boe/Conrad played together in Thomas Cup, which worked quite good, so the NT is hopeful and positive about this partnership. 

Mogensen/Kolding is more questionable. They played together back in 2012, I think, and won a tournament. Though, it's the only time they have played together, so we just have to wait and see how it goes.

I think both partnerships can work. Boe/Conrad has showed they can play together, so hopefully they will continue to develop their play. 

Mogensen/Kolding can be a powerful pair. Kolding has a strong smash and he will probably be the dominant back court player.  Mogensen will likely be the only player of the two who will go front court, but I think we will see much more back court play from this pair. 

My fingers are crossed for these new partrnerships. Hopefully both will work out and Denmark will have two or three strong MD. 

Thank you very much for your reply. So now both go back to National team? Boe and Mo? So if like this why both of them don't want to partner together for MD tournaments?

4 minutes ago, up and down said:

Thank you very much for your reply. So now both go back to National team? Boe and Mo? So if like this why both of them don't want to partner together for MD tournaments?

This is what Boe has said about the decision to split;

- It is a long marriage that ends here. I think we still have very much to offer in badminton, but you do not have to be Edison to see that the result the last half year or so has not gone very well.

- We have had good and positive talks about what has to happen, and we have tried to figure out a solution. We think something has been lacking, and therefore, it will probably be the best option to try something new. 

- We have had a good dialogue about it, and we partly agree, I would say. Of course this is not easy for any of us. It's an extremely difficult decision and a tough talk, but I believe it's the best for both of us, and that it can breathe more motivation and life into our careers, says Mathias Boe.

Mogensen has not comment on their decision. 

Lastly, Boe says they are still friends outside the court, but as described above, their play doesn't work anymore and they can't seem to develop it.