website statistics

Athletics 2019 Discussion Thread

OlympicIRL

12 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

Television is still the main player by far.

And because of that I'm happy it goes from two hours to one and a half hour. That gives Ziggo Sport, the one that shows DL in the Netherlands, half an hour more to show their screen with a list of which programs will be on tomorrow! :) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...

we were asking ourselves why Grant Holloway did the military salute on the podium after winning the men's 110m hurdles at the recent Doha World Champs?

well, now we know what kind of relationship he has with that environment: his dad served in the Military for 22 years...:evil:

Grant Holloway himself wrote that on Twitter (talking of a video showing him at the medals ceremony in Doha)...

from a news article:

"Over a video of himself, standing at attention and saluting the flag during his victory ceremony for the 110 m hurdles at the Doha Worlds, he wrote (on Twitter): "One of my favorite moments of my life. A lot of people asked me about equal rights & all that BS going around. Do I think it’s unfair? Yes, But my Father served 22 years in the military & I’ll be damned if I ever disrespect what he did for me & this country. It’s bigger then you.

Wait, people made a problem of his gesture? :lol: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

31 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Wait, people made a problem of his gesture? :lol: 

yes, of course...

there are always a lot of haters when you talk of the military system...and because of Holloway's worldwide visibility, he was insulted and threatened by the usual "social idiots"...

nothing new...it's the wonderful world of social media...:facepalm:

Just now, Grassmarket said:

New York Marathon today, starts in about an hour.  Not a course where records can be set, though.

Do you have the list of participants? (Elite, of course)

Just now, Grassmarket said:

Thanks, but meh, why do major marathons always find it so difficult to simply have a big button that says 'Start list (elite)' or something right on their home page?

To the surprise of nobody, Lelisa Desisa, the world champion, is out.