website statistics

Luge FIL World Cup 2018 - 2019

Totallympics

Awesome to see Eitberger hit back after her drama in Calgary :woohoo: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

14 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

I have no idea how can anyone get excited after another German dominance in luge? Lake Placid was supposed to be a bogey track for them anyway?

At least grandma Hufner is struggling a bit!

Because why would someone only look at flags? I'm no fan of Geisenberger or Hüfner, but I do like Eitberger and I couldn't care less about what her nationality is. Not liking someone just because of a flag is so 1940. Same with Emily Sweeney or Madeleine Egle.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Because why would someone only look at flags? I'm no fan of Geisenberger or Hüfner, but I do like Eitberger and I couldn't care less about what her nationality is. Not liking someone just because of a flag is so 1940. Same with Emily Sweeney or Madeleine Egle.

Right. I adore the flag diversity in table tennis when you have Chinese represent like 25 other countries. One-nation dominance kills my interest in ANY sport. I've had enough when Sylke Otto was spanking everyone already :crazy: Good thing I'm not old enough to remember the East German dominance of the 70s/80s. 40 years of Germany spanking everyone in luge. No, but thanks!

Edited by Monzanator

7 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Right. I adore the flag diversity in table tennis when you have Chinese represent like 25 other countries. One-nation dominance kills my interest in ANY sport. I've had enough when Sylke Otto was spanking everyone already :crazy: Good thing I'm not old enough to remember the East German dominance of the 70s/80s. 40 years of Germany spanking everyone in luge. No, but thanks!

Ok :) 

20 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

If it's not the nation that i root for. I'm perfectly fine with Norge dominance in the winter sports. :d That aside, i agree with you. 

But even then, why would one prefer a hypothetical Norwegian asshole winning over a hypothetical friendly German, just because one has the right flag and another the wrong one? That makes zero sense. 

32 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

But even then, why would one prefer a hypothetical Norwegian asshole winning over a hypothetical friendly German, just because one has the right flag and another the wrong one? That makes zero sense. 

Because different people cheer for different agenda. Some choose single athletes from various nations, some cheer for the entire nations. You can even cheer for Team Sky if you're a cycling fan! ;)  There's no one fixed way of cheering if you're looking outside of your nation (and even so, some people are fed up with their own compatriots too).

6 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Because different people cheer for different agenda. Some choose single athletes from various nations, some cheer for the entire nations. You can even cheer for Team Sky if you're a cycling fan! ;)  There's no one fixed way of cheering if you're looking outside of your nation (and even so, some people are fed up with their own compatriots too).

I know, I just find it strange and hard to understand people only or mainly look at flags instead of the actual athletes and personalities who do the main work, but alright, everyone has their own thing.

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

I know, I just find it strange and hard to understand people only or mainly look at flags instead of the actual athletes and personalities who do the main work, but alright, everyone has their own thing.

I only care about personalities in sports I'm a die-hard fan of and that's like 3 or 4 at best. Luge ain't one of them and never will be. If ES didn't broadcast the sport, I'd never look up for online streams to watch it.