website statistics

Biathlon 2022 - 2023 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

Just now, Grassmarket said:

It has obviously changed from the old Russian Cup, is now much more an elite competition than a regional or club competition it was before.

Yup,it has to be,given the whole situation,where else will these olympic athletes from Russia and Belerus race ?

1 minute ago, Biathlonfan said:

Yup,it has to be,given the whole situation,where else will these olympic athletes from Russia and Belerus race ?

Yeah, these are the 40 or so Russian & BLR athletes who made up the old World Cup, IBU & FISA teams.  I guess the University & Club runners now have another competition.

1 minute ago, Grassmarket said:

Yeah, these are the 40 or so Russian & BLR athletes who made up the old World Cup, IBU & FISA teams.  I guess the University & Club runners now have another competition.

I guess so,i don't know if i'm spoiling you here,but the winners were both unexpected,and the men's podium was one big,what ?,to me.

3 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

Spoilt for choice again this weekend 15th-18th

Russian Cup from Ufa on YT

IBU Cup from Val Ridanna

World Cup from La Grande Bornande.

:beer:

Duuuuuude. You're forgetting one of the best locations of all.

UwbOlfv.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

43 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Is that on TV though? Don't know if they have now inherited the shaky handhelds that the IBU Cup used to have. 

Yeah ok, right, no TV coverage I assume :p

Live results though!

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...

Always a fun evening :d 

I'm going for Christiansen/Tandrevold as main favourites.