website statistics

Boxing

Sara Kali (women’s 66kg) wins her bout 5-0 against Latvia to advance to the R16 at the World Boxing Olympic Qualifier. Now two wins away from an Olympic quota. Honestly, I wouldn’t be mad if she doesn’t earn one, Cavanaugh has a much better chance at an Olympic medal anyways.  

Posted (edited)

Scarlett Delgado (women’s 54kg) through to the quarterfinals at the World Boxing Olympic Qualifier after defeating Azerbaijan 5-0! Will take on Serbian Sara Cirkovic for an Olympic quota tomorrow. 

Edited by Josh

3 hours ago, intoronto said:

Sara Kali is out losing 5-0 to :ITA

Delgado and Barriere are the last two remaining 

Cavanaugh gets a second chance, assuming she wins the box-off between her and Kali I believe? Pretty sure I read something about her needing to make the quarterfinals for her to guarantee her spot at the second World Qualifier. 

Final day of the World Boxing Olympic Qualifier is on Monday. As previously reported, two Canadians will be fighting for an Olympic quota. 

Scarlett Delgado will take on :SRB Sara Cirkovic in women’s 54kg, and Alexis Barriere will take on :FRA Djamili Aboudoi Moindze in men’s +92kg.

• 2 weeks later...

https://boxingcanada.org/annoucements/update-on-the-olympic-weight-box-offs-at-the-canada-cup/

Alexis Barriere pulled out of the second World Olympic Qualifier. Also, Charlie Cavanaugh will not take part at the Canada Cup which means Sara Kali will be our representative at the second World Olympic Qualifier. :cry:

I have no idea why. Don’t think either of them are injured. 

Edited by Josh