website statistics

South American Games 2022 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Swimming and athletics are my main sports to follow in multi sports games so gotta say the calendar for this one is pretty weird to me. Don't get why they put all the swimming events in the first four days and all the athletics ones in the last four.

54 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Wow :BRA 54-1 :BOL in women’s handball

With Argentina it was 48-1.

I watched a bit of it, even caught their only goal.

They remind me when I played youth school handball and once we had to play a team from upper category who had all +1.85m guys, we lost like 30-1 and I scored the only goal. Never been prouder of myself in sport  :p 

4 hours ago, LDOG said:

With Argentina it was 48-1.

I watched a bit of it, even caught their only goal.

They remind me when I played youth school handball and once we had to play a team from upper category who had all +1.85m guys, we lost like 30-1 and I scored the only goal. Never been prouder of myself in sport  :p 

Well, that’s something to be proud of

19 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Gotta say this is one of the worst results systems I have ever seen. 

We will have to deal with this sh*t for the foreseeable future as well

So you’re confirming my fears this crappy system will be used for Santiago too?

1 minute ago, mrv86 said:

So you’re confirming my fears this crappy system will be used for Santiago too?

Sorry I am mistaken. Atos wont be returning, they did the last two editions

https://www.panamsports.org/news-sport/bornan-joins-panam-sports-as-official-technology-provider/

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

Gotta say this is one of the worst results systems I have ever seen. 

We will have to deal with this sh*t for the foreseeable future as well

I believe the results system implemented for this edition of Games comes from Deporte Virtual. Bornan is the company doing the upcoming Pan American Games, Central American and Caribbean Games, and OCA Games @mrv86

Here’s an example of their results system from the 2022 GCC Games: https://results.kuwait2022.bornan.net/#/kuwait2022/schedule/grid

Deporte Virtual generally handles events in Latin America. They did the results systems for the last two editions of the Boliviarian Games and South American Games, along with the Junior Pan American Games last year. It’s nice to see a Latin American technology firm getting involved in multi-sports games, but their results system definitely isn’t my favorite.

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela