website statistics

Day 2 (February 6th, 2022)

Very good chance Canada is not going to the playoffs now.  Absolutely need a win against undefeated Italy tomorrow.  Good news is Italy don't care they're first anyway.  But they may want to prove a point.  Canada also needs help from either Swiss or USA.  

5 minutes ago, orangeman said:

Very good chance Canada is not going to the playoffs now.  Absolutely need a win against undefeated Italy tomorrow.  Good news is Italy don't care they're first anyway.  But they may want to prove a point.  Canada also needs help from either Swiss or USA.  

Actually Canada "only" has to beat Italy to make it to the playoffs. There are only four teams at three losses or fewer.

Day 2 Review:

Terrible.

Was hoping for 1 medal (SS 5k), a chance in slopestyle, and a top-6 finish in moguls.  Got none of that.  4th for Blouin isn't horrible, good for her.  Bloeman was never in the race.  Only two skiers to go down in the finals were Canadians.  

Thought Canada would lock up a curling playoff spot, but now it looks in doubt.  Most embarrassing defeat in Canadian curling history?  Morris just threw away all his stones in the 8th, lucky to get to the 9th where Homan threw away hers.  Perplexing.  Not world class.

Luge, Ski jumping, X-country all expected.  

The only highlight was all three big names make the mens boarding slopestyle final tomorrow (tonight for yous in Canada).  Good vibes for that tomorrow.

Hope for our ladies and gentlemen to stay on their feet in short track tomorrow, maybe our mogul stars got it out of their system today.  

And hey, a win against Italy wouldn't hurt in curling.  Not sure if they deserve to make the playoffs at this point, but we'll take it.  

Yeah, the curling loss to Australia really brought the day down for me. While I was hopeful, I didn't think Bloeman would medal, but he wasn't even in it. That makes me nervous about the team pursuit in the future.

While 4th place always hurts, I'm quite happy for Blouin. Also for the figure skating for reaching the finals. I know people will say Messing missing out cost us a medal, but with the slight underperformance by our pair and ice dance team we would probably still be 4th.