website statistics

Alpine Skiing FIS World Cup 2018 - 2019

hckošice

23 minutes ago, Nate River said:

I mean they reschedueled the race for a Thursday in December. Before the Xmas vacation. Not a much better time surely.

Also I guess I don’t really care about the time of the week because most races are way outside of when I’m awake anyway. The Sölden races started at 3am local time for me.

But they are/would have been in the weekend, so no problem to wake up for them :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

it was a steal by the Austrian Federation ($$$) that goes against any logical scheduling and cost saving (both the previous and following weekends' races are located in Italy...why having a midweek trip in another Country in between? :mumble:)...

but to be honest, it's also fair to say that the cancelled race was to be held in Austria, so I think it's also a correct decision to host the race that replaces it in the same Country...;)

3 ore fa, Federer91 ha scritto:

I think FIS doesn't want that. It's monday and there won't be a big enough audience, because people are at work. Before i started work, that was my thought too, but now i have to reconsider that. :d 

the problem with ski races is not about audience...

the most important thing that many people don't know (or want to forget) is the fact that the sport (especially in the Alpine regions) is mainly a form of advertising for the tourism industry and in all the other days (before and after the original schedule) those villages have all the hotel rooms booked by tourists and the pistes themselves must be open to the public audience...

that's why most of those places never give FIS the chance to race in the immediately following days (and it's also the reason why sometimes, especially in the vacation high season, it's so difficult to find a place that really wants to host those extra races)...

• 3 weeks later...

Here we go :cheer: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

30 minutes ago, wumo26 said:

Meh. There was a little documentary/interview with him and Miriam on German TV when the skiing was postponed this morning, it's hard to find two nicer people than them. I hope Neureuther finally gets a lucky break somewhere...(you know, apart from convincing Gössner to marry him and everything :p )