website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2016

15 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Question for Denmark, why not this song?

Norway also wouldve had a very good song:

I wouldve like this song for Germany: :p

Or this one (i hope at least one of them wouldve been allowed :p):

Australia also wouldve had a great song:

USA should have nominated this song in my opinion:

Or this one:

Sweden could have nominated this song:

Overall its great to see that many countries have amazing artists, especially Canada has become a music "superpower" in the last couple of years in my opinion.

Question to the competition master: Can i also reserve countries (for example Germany and Australia) even if i dont participate?

Though I respect his succes, I'm no fan of Lukas Graham ;)

In general I don't listen to much pop.

Edited by Agger

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Agger:

Though I respect his succes, I'm no fan of Lukas Graham ;)

Shock ... :cry:

I really like the song, i think it has more "meaning" than 99% of all other pop songs. Is Lukas Graham at the moment the most popular "artist" in Denmark?

By the way: Nigeria and Belgium have also some very interesting songs.

I dont like the "competition format", but i love to discover new artists, so if someone finds "interesting" songs from "exotic" countries then please post them or send me a PM.

Edit: Most famous "cuban" song ever?

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

4 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Shock ... :cry:

I really like the song, i think it has more "meaning" than 99% of all other pop songs. Is Lukas Graham at the moment the most popular "artist" in Denmark?

By the way: Nigeria and Belgium have also some very interesting songs.

I dont like the "competition format", but i love to discover new artists, so if someone finds "interesting" songs from "exotic" countries then please post them or send me a PM.

Edit: Most famous "cuban" song ever?

Yes. The newest album have been no. 1 on the toplist for 22 weeks since the release (some other danish artists have spent a week or two there during the period) and has sold 6x platinum. But there are a couple of other pop artists fighting for the no. 1 spot in Denmark and a rock band which has just released their come back album.

33 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

Sorry hckosice, I just realised you asked for 2 songs and for each jury to represent two other songs from their country.

I completely missed that part. Though, I presented three other songs I considered for this game, guess I fulfilled the quest then :d

2 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

Indeed you have.... telepathy is a glorious thing :d

you're TISC rules expert.. I wanted to nominate some artists for Cuba (their father is Cuban of Yoruba decent, Miguel Anga Diaz, they were bron in Paris though, but spent few years in Havana and are often travelling there) but I am not sure they are eligible... 

vor 21 Minuten schrieb Agger:

Yes. The newest album have been no. 1 on the toplist for 22 weeks since the release (some other danish artists have spent a week or two there during the period) and has sold 6x platinum. But there are a couple of other pop artists fighting for the no. 1 spot in Denmark and a rock band which has just released their come back album.

Scandinavian countries have a lot of great artists, especially considering their size. Sweden of course is the number 1 among scandinavian countries, but even Iceland produced some great artists. I always had the feeling that the same isnt true for Finland, do you agree or could you name some really good finnish artists/bands?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

2 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Scandinavian countries have a lot of great artists, especially considering their size. Sweden of course is the number 1 among scandinavian countries, but even Iceland produced some great artists. I always had the feeling that the same isnt true for Finland, do you agree or could you name some really good finnish artists/bands?

There are lots of major finnish artists, but they're mainly metal bands.

You may very well have heard names like Nightwish, HIM, Apocalyptica, Children of Bodom.

In other words there aren't much mainstream succes, but in metal music Finland is a pretty well-known country (not that I'm an expert in metal)

5 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

you're TISC rules expert.. I wanted to nominate some artists for Cuba (their father is Cuban of Yoruba decent, Miguel Anga Diaz, they were bron in Paris though, but spent few years in Havana and are often travelling there) but I am not sure they are eligible... 

Absolutely buddy, from what you say it seems they have a close association with Cuba so it would be no harm at all.  I'm sure nobody would have any objection with that especially since the Festival of Music is for fun and can easily be more flexible given that it is in the best possible spirit you want to present this music :)