website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2016 Team Sizes

7 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I wonder how come you have 45 for Iran ? :mumble: Iran has qualified 43 so far.

yes you´re right

I see where I did a mistake. I counted also both your hammer throwers Ghalenoui and Moussavi, but it was my bad, because I made a mistake and didn´t noticed the q is small behind their names. http://road-to-rio.com/

my apologize. I´ll fix it imediately

Just now, hckosice said:

yes you´re right

I see where I did a mistake. I counted also both your hammer throwers Ghalenoui and Moussavi, but it was my bad, because I made a mistake and didn´t noticed the q is small behind their names. http://road-to-rio.com/

my apologize. I´ll fix it imediately

:yes it happens, you are doing a great job.

based on this website we also qualified a sprinter in 200m but that guy tested positive for doping in a local competition and is banned now. I assume you didn't count him otherwise we could have 44.

22 minutes ago, MHSN said:

:yes it happens, you are doing a great job.

based on this website we also qualified a sprinter in 200m but that guy tested positive for doping in a local competition and is banned now. I assume you didn't count him otherwise we could have 44.

Thanks, well it´s not an easy job at all, but can´t imagine any better job :d

No, for all athletes qualified before the totallympics database problems last february I just used the news from national NOC websites or wikipedia, so I didn´t counted the athletes not mentioned in those sites.

and so, after our restart I have just to add each week only the new qualified athletes :)

On 15.4.2016 at 11:04 AM, Benolympique said:

Taekwondo -57kg Women's

:BEL  Belgique +1

:WHT  Refugee Olympic Athlète -1 (Raheleh Asemani Naturalized Belgium)

Are you sure that she will compete for Belgium in Rio?

If its true, than it would be really disgusting, this never should have been allowed!

Basically Belgium had two athletes in the same weight category at the european qualification!

Belgian athlete qualified -> She goes to Rio

Refugee athlete qualified -> She gets naturalized and competes for Belgium in Rio :facepalm:

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

5 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Are you sure that she will compete for Belgium in Rio?

If its true, than it would be really disgusting, this never should have been allowed!

Basically Belgium had two athletes in the same weight category at the european qualification!

Belgian athlete qualified -> She goes to Rio

Refugee athlete qualified -> She gets naturalized and competes for Belgium in Rio :facepalm:

The Flanders sports authorities answered my e-mail a while ago saying they aren't sure about it. Some days ago WTF announced the quotas (it's somewhere in the taekwondo thread) and they still had her as regufee athlete.

This whole thing is being a huge discussion already for a couple of months now and most people, including me and I guess you, are hoping she will compete as refugee athlete. Because indeed, if she competes as Belgian, Belgium would have had 2 athletes in her weight class and that would just be wrong/illegal/unfair. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!