website statistics

Women's Basketball FIBA European Championship 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

16 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

Probably all 6 teams will qualify for Paris.

Slight doubt goes for Serbia and Germany.

It depends on the composition of groups. Germany and Hungary will be 4th seeds and given the groups will be arranged to guarantee an African nation to qualify they won't face them. They will likely have to defeat one of :BRA :JPN :PUR :KOR to qualify.

2 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

It depends on the composition of groups. Germany and Hungary will be 4th seeds and given the groups will be arranged to guarantee an African nation to qualify they won't face them. They will likely have to defeat one of :BRA :JPN :PUR :KOR to qualify.

Puerto Rico is a mistery for me but Hungary could beat all 4 teams you mentioned, if they repeat present level of game. Germany is other story, IMO, i wasnt impressed by them last few matches. 

Still, women basketball is nowadays random, every outcome is possible.

Japan should be most difficult to beat, if i remember their team from WC.

29 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

Probably all 6 teams will qualify for Paris.

Slight doubt goes for Serbia and Germany.

Can we be sure that Hungary is on a different level than Serbia/Germany? I don’t know who Hungary could add, but Germany was missing their two best players here (including Satou Sabally, who might be the best European player at the moment). Hungary also „only“ narrowly beat the Czech Republic here, who then lost to Germany. If Hungary won’t add any elite players, then they might be roughly on the same level as Germany/Serbia. I think Japan and Puerto Rico are also on the same level or maybe even better.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

14 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Can we be sure that Hungary is on a different level than Serbia/Germany? I don’t know who Hungary could add, but Germany was missing their two best players here (including Satou Sabally, who might be the best European player at the moment). Hungary also „only“ narrowly beat the Czech Republic here, who then lost to Germany. If Hungary won’t add any elite players, then they might be roughly on the same level as Germany/Serbia. I think Japan and Puerto Rico are also on the same level or maybe even better.

Thats why i said - slight. :)

I know that Germany missed Satou, i read about her on the forum. With her, it could be different, i agree.

Watching all 3 teams, Hungary did impress me more than Serbia and Germany, but thats my impression...statistics could show different numbers.

I watched Serbia - Montenegro, Serbia was extremelly bad in almost every segment. They had around 20% in field shots in the 1st half. 

I will search German statistics, i am curious.

Well, that's going to be a 4th place for us. I think our only truly good match was against Serbia in this entire tournament, so we should be very happy that we went this far. I think this team is capable of more, especially if Juhász joins us from the WNBA, so hopefully we can improve for the OQT. 

On 6/24/2023 at 11:28 AM, OlympicsFan said:

Dorka Juhasz from WNBA ;)