website statistics

Snowboarding FIS World Cup 2021 - 2022

Totallympics

6 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

Could not believe it, went from last to first in about 50m.

Did not realise that Samkova was out injured: she was really the only person to challenge Bankes.

Yeah, Samkova was boarding her own level. She was the strongest contestant for gold and probably a medal contestand in the mixed team competition with Jan Kubicik. It is a real pity but nothing we can do .... Maybe in Cortina ..... Now, the whole nation wishes her fast and full recovery. 

18 hours ago, hckošice said:

Stage 17 in Cortina d´Ampezzo (ITA)

Men´s Snowboard Cross:

1. Martin Noerl  :GER

2. Alessandro Haemmerle  :AUT 

3. Cameron Bolton  :AUS   

Full Final Result HERE

I just looked at past World Cup Seasons and i think that this Might be the First time ever that a guy won 3 World Cups in a row within one Season.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

50 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

I just looked at past World Cup Seasons and i think that this Might be the First time ever that a guy won 3 World Cups in a row within one Season.

no, in the early years of the discipline 3 athletes (:SWE Pontus Stahlkloo 2001, :FRA Xavier Delerue 2004 and :CAN Drew Neilson 2007*) already won 3 consecutive races in the same season...

*and in all those 3 races, :USA Nate Holland was the runner up...

moreover, in 2001 :CAN Jasey Jay Anderson won the last 5 races of that season one after the other...

in recent times, however, there have been quite a few doubles (and also some "3 wins out of 4 races") by a bunch of athletes (:AUT Alessandro Haemmerle being the guy doing that the most times), but nobody could deliver the "triple" until :GER Martin Noerl did it yesterday...

45 minutes ago, phelps said:

no, in the early years of the discipline 3 athletes (:SWE Pontus Stahlkloo 2001, :FRA Xavier Delerue 2004 and :CAN Drew Neilson 2007*) already won 3 consecutive races in the same season...

*and in all those 3 races, :USA Nate Holland was the runner up...

moreover, in 2001 :CAN Jasey Jay Anderson won the last 5 races of that season one after the other...

in recent times, however, there have been quite a few doubles (and also some "3 wins out of 4 races") by a bunch of athletes (:AUT Alessandro Haemmerle being the guy doing that the most times), but nobody could deliver the "triple" until :GER Martin Noerl did it yesterday...

Ok, wikipedia only has Snowboard Cross results from the 2007/2008 Season onwards. Still remarkable that noone in the past 15 years was able to do it and then Martin Nörl of all People did it ...

I thought that ist was rather Common on the womens side, But apparently there is some Kind of curse. I think on the womens side Jacobellis was the Last one to do it back in 2012, Since then Moioli (4 times), Maltais (3 times), Samkova (2 times) and Jacobellis/Bankes (1 time) all won 2 in a row.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

5 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

Ok, wikipedia only has Snowboard Cross results from the 2007/2008 Season onwards. Still remarkable that noone in the past 15 years was able to do it and then Martin Nörl of all People did it ...

I thought that ist was rather Common on the womens side, But apparently there is some Kind of curse. I think on the womens side Jacobellis was the Last one to do it back in 2012, Since then Moioli (4 times), Maltais (3 times), Samkova (2 times) and Jacobellis/Bankes (1 time) all won 2 in a row.

yeah, I was also surprised by the women's results...:USA Jacobellis won 3 races in a row 3 or 4 times, then only the poor :FRA Karine Ruby did it twice and :CAN Valerie Maltais did it once in 2010...

and that's it...

if we consider consecutive races, but in 2 different seasons, then :CAN Maelle Ricker and :CZE Eva Samkova are also to be added to the list...

meanwhile many girls won 2 races in a row (and 3 or more in a season, but not consecutive)...

• 1 month later...