website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

2 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Any idea how many contests we will have for the Olympics? 

There will be 7 prediction contests.

- Olympic Tokyo 2020 Athletics Prediction Contest 

- Olympic Tokyo 2020 Swimming Prediction Contest 

- Olympic Tokyo 2020 Team Sports Prediction Contest 

- Olympic Tokyo 2020 Miscellaneous 1 Prediction Contest 

- Olympic Tokyo 2020 Miscellaneous 2 Prediction Contest 

- Olympic Tokyo 2020 Miscellaneous 3 Prediction Contest 

- Olympic Tokyo 2020 Bet Contest (Will not count to the general standing)

As many team sports begin earlier, this prediction contest will be opened in the weekend, 10-11 July. Also it's planned the Bet Contest will be opened quite early. Around the same as the Team Sports contest, maybe a little later. The Swimming prediction contest will be opened in the weekend, 10-11 or the 13-14 July. The three miscellaneous contests will be opened between 12-17 July. Athletics contest will open when the Olympics begins. 

I will add the contests to the calendar soon. 

18 minutes ago, Wumo said:

There will be 7 prediction contests.

- Olympic Tokyo 2020 Athletics Prediction Contest 

- Olympic Tokyo 2020 Swimming Prediction Contest 

- Olympic Tokyo 2020 Team Sports Prediction Contest 

- Olympic Tokyo 2020 Miscellaneous 1 Prediction Contest 

- Olympic Tokyo 2020 Miscellaneous 2 Prediction Contest 

- Olympic Tokyo 2020 Miscellaneous 3 Prediction Contest 

- Olympic Tokyo 2020 Bet Contest (Will not count to the general standing)

As many team sports begin earlier, this prediction contest will be opened in the weekend, 10-11 July. Also it's planned the Bet Contest will be opened quite early. Around the same as the Team Sports contest, maybe a little later. The Swimming prediction contest will be opened in the weekend, 10-11 or the 13-14 July. The three miscellaneous contests will be opened between 12-17 July. Athletics contest will open when the Olympics begins. 

I will add the contests to the calendar soon. 

A single contest for all team sports? or different contest for each team sport?

6 minutes ago, Dolby said:

A single contest for all team sports? or different contest for each team sport?

It will be a single contest for all team sports. It will be in the "picking-the-medallists"-format. I will be managing all contests, maybe with the exception of the Bet contest as I have heard from one user that could maybe be interested in managing this one. It would have been too much for me to have different team sport prediction contests. I did consider which format to be used for this contest. Either the "picking-the-medallists"-format or selecting a few matches each days from different team sports and keep it in the team sport prediction format. I chose the former as I had to be realistic with myself on how much of a workload I would put on myself during the Olympics where I also want to be able to watch and enjoy top-class sports. 

2 minutes ago, Wumo said:

It will be a single contest for all team sports. It will be in the "picking-the-medallists"-format. I will be managing all contests, maybe with the exception of the Bet contest as I have heard from one user that could maybe be interested in managing this one. It would have been too much for me to have different team sport prediction contests. I did consider which format to be used for this contest. Either the "picking-the-medallists"-format or selecting a few matches each days from different team sports and keep it in the team sport prediction format. I chose the former as I had to be realistic with myself on how much of a workload I would put on myself during the Olympics where I also want to be able to watch and enjoy top-class sports. 

Both formats are terrible. I'd rather not have any contest for team sports if it's gonna be like that. But it's just me.

13 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Both formats are terrible. I'd rather not have any contest for team sports if it's gonna be like that. But it's just me.

+1. My suggestion: instead of selected matches or picking medallists, have a random draw and pick any 2 sports, one per gender, only. Provided you have time for them, otherwise drop it altogether. 

24 minutes ago, Dolby said:

+1. My suggestion: instead of selected matches or picking medallists, have a random draw and pick any 2 sports, one per gender, only. Provided you have time for them, otherwise drop it altogether. 

Better than a draw, just make a poll and let users pick one or two team sports. 

Just please no monstruosity like the 2012 "men's field hockey + women's football" contest, that was... not good. I prefer to have a single normal contest even if some sports will be left out.

Hey Totallympians

I just wanted to notice all of you that I would REALLY like some questions for the Olympic Bet Contest. At the moment there is not many and I would love to see some more from you. 

https://totallympics.com/topic/9759-prediction-contests-tokyo-2020-olympic-bet-contest-discussion-thread/