website statistics

Pan American Games 2019

vinipereira

Damn 9.8 from :TTO Paul in the sprint qualification. That is definitely good enough for Olympic participation. I’ve been watching these guys come up the ranks the last few years and it’s been awesome. On a sadder note @mrv86, both Mexican men were eliminated in sprint qualifications.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

11 hours ago, mrv86 said:

That's why I never support Cuba in any sport (but I support a few individuals). They are arrogant, like to play the victim and prone to cheap tricks to get referees do their bidding. I'm so used of seeing that at Central American and Caribbean level, that, any gold taken from them is a smile for me.

What an exaggeration. The brazilian boxer himself said he was not offended, understands that it is the cuban fighting style. Even the cuban spoke very well of the Brazilian after the fight.

36 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Damn 9.8 from :TTO Paul in the sprint qualification. That is definitely good enough for Olympic participation. I’ve been watching these guys come up the ranks the last few years and it’s been awesome. On a sadder note @mrv86, both Mexican men were eliminated in sprint qualifications.

Well our track sprinters suck... our main chance for another medal in cycling will be both madison events and the women's omnium.

18 minutes ago, raphaelcoliveira said:

What an exaggeration. The brazilian boxer himself said he was not offended, understands that it is the cuban fighting style. Even the cuban spoke very well of the Brazilian after the fight.

I have made my opinion in the last 17 years. I'm not lying, Cuban sportspeople in general have no respect for sportmanship or fairness when things don't go the way they like.

Do I remind you the sad spectacle of Valodia's kick to the referee at the 2008 Olympic Games?

Like I say, there are a fair number of Cuban athletes whose performances speak for themselves, and which I admire, but in combat sports or appreciation sports I really don't support them.

Just now, thiago_simoes said:

The rhythmic gymnastics judges are taking forever to release the scores and they seem to be completely lost. I fear for the outcome of the competition if this is the quality of judges they have selected.

I know, why the hell are they taking so long. The competition will drag on forever.