website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Team Sizes Road to Paris 2024

1 hour ago, Orangehair43 said:

The British Government has said GB shouldn’t compete in such a circumstance.

You, GB, have long history of choosing your governments very wisely...

We, Poles, are no worse in that tbh, I know...

Edited by rafalgorka

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Team :ISV Update and Thoughts (April 2024)

Current Quotas: 2

Archery - 1 (men's individual recurve)

Fencing - 1 (men's foil)

Schembri and D'Amour qualifiying has provided some nice relief after a rather quiet qualification season. Both are certainly some of the islands' best athletic prospects. If they stay healthly and avoid any miscellaneous issues, I look forward to seeing what results they can achieve in Paris.

Ideal Quota Allocation: 6-8

@Topicmaster1010 simulated 8 quotas for Team ISV, which feels a bit generous at this moment (not that it wasn't appreicated :d). I'm definitely keeping my eye on Michelle Smith (athletics). If she can get a quota in the women's 400m hurdles, I believe that will garantee an additional male quota in athletics as well. Other than Smith, I can't envision any other quotas outside universality allocations. I have no idea which sports/athletes the NOC targeted, but the following allocation would leave me very pleased:

Archery - 1 (women's individual recurve)

Golf - 1 (women's individual) [Swayne had that nice 6th place result at Santiago 2023. It would be cool to see her compete in Paris.]

Swimming - 2

Sailing - ? [I don't feel like it was a particularly great cycle for the sailing team. Dale might be a candidate for a universality quota in ILCA7 though.]

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

10 minutes ago, Josh said:

Have we gone back a year in time, or am I missing something? :p

Copy/Paste error from formatting error, but I feel hella dumb doing it in April :facepalm:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela