website statistics

Figure Skating at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

56 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

Invited Chinese spectators almost knew nothing about ice dancing and almost all playing phones instead of applausing.

In some hockey matches it was even more painful to see. Often I see some older people (older ladies) just sitting bored in the stands which would probably rather wanted to watch for example the Ice Dance competitions or stuff like that than Slovakia-Latvia hockey match, while I do believe there numerous local hockey fans who had to watch something else instead of doing great atmosphere in a hockey games :(

Cleared to compete doesn't mean she can't be punished later, right? 

I love watching her skate and most likely she is not the main responsible for this mess, but if she tested positive she shouldn't compete.

26 minutes ago, hckošice said:

In some hockey matches it was even more painful to see. Often I see some older people (older ladies) just sitting bored in the stands which would probably rather wanted to watch for example the Ice Dance competitions or stuff like that than Slovakia-Latvia hockey match, while I do believe there numerous local hockey fans who had to watch something else instead of doing great atmosphere in a hockey games :(

What is most frustrating as someone in Beijing right now (though I've been fortunate enough to see some stuff live) is that the Olympics are off limits but you can take a crowded subway to a restaurant or bar right outside the venue and sit there without a mask on with hundreds of other people.  It makes little sense to me.  I feel as though covid is more of an excuse than anything, but I don't really want to go into more details until later.  

3 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

The only thing that saved Valieva from suspension is probably her age. I mean she is only 15 years old after all.

Also even CAS think the exact timing announcing the positive test right after the match and before the podium ceremony during the olympics is somehow like a conspiracy