website statistics

Speed Skating at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

7 minutes ago, CCB said:

I (mostly) agree. But I expect Marijke Groenewoud in the top 8 for sure!

I really hope so!

She’s in the first pair after the ice preparation, so the ice will still be softer. Plus she is skating before all the favorites, so she needs to set a time. 

I do I agree that maybe I should have put her higher as the conditions are tough and she has marathon experience. 

33 minutes ago, Dennis said:

After this season hahaha :p

She’s 35 now, she was 19 when she won her first Olympic Gold. 

Well, all this talk about Sven Kramer but Wust is probably the real GOAT of :NED speed skating. If the dominance continues I'd rather see new Dutch names out there. Antoinette de Jong must feel really stupid she can't beat the old vixen out! :p

6 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Well, all this talk about Sven Kramer but Wust is probably the real GOAT of :NED speed skating. If the dominance continues I'd rather see new Dutch names out there. Antoinette de Jong must feel really stupid she can't beat the old vixen out! :p

I agree! She’s the most successful speed skater in Olympic history. 

Well, Femke Kok, Jutta Leerdam, Thomas Krol, Merijn Scheperkamp are all making their Olympic debuts and are favorites/outsiders for medals. 

I think in either 2026 or 2030 we might see some Polish superstars as well, looking at the current juniors. Szymon Wojtakowski, Wiktoria Dabrowska and maybe Hanna Mazur can all win Olympic medals if they keep developing like this.