website statistics

Tennis Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

19 minutes ago, stepansevs said:

Why Rublev? I thought that he is against war

Relatives of Rublev confirmed that he will not compete. But he did not share the reason with them.

Samsonova gave an interview she has a lot of WTA points to defend during the summer, there won't be any points at Olympics, Russians won't be allowed into the village anyway and it's clay (her worst surface) so she is out :coffee:

Team GB confirm Olympic nominations

Men’s singles - Andy Murray (ITF wildcard) - Jack Draper - Dan Evans - Cameron Norrie

Women’s singles - Katie Boulter

Men’s doubles - Salisbury-Skupski - Murray-Evans

Women’s doubles - Boulter-Watson - Dart-Lumsden

Raducanu turned down an ITF wildcard

29 minutes ago, Dragon said:

Team GB confirm Olympic nominations

Men’s singles - Andy Murray (ITF wildcard) - Jack Draper - Dan Evans - Cameron Norrie

Women’s singles - Katie Boulter

Men’s doubles - Salisbury-Skupski - Murray-Evans

Women’s doubles - Boulter-Watson - Dart-Lumsden

Raducanu turned down an ITF wildcard

where are you finding that watson, dart and lumsden are going? on team GB's social media pages i cant see those names?

Edited by Olympicsnell

3 minutes ago, Olympicsnell said:

where are you finding that watson, dart and lumsden are going? on team GB's social media pages i cant see those names?

It’s on the BBC sport website, but they are only provisional.

2 minutes ago, TeamGB said:

It’s on the BBC sport website, but they are only provisional.

ah not been on there yet because i'm avoiding other news whilst im watching something else haha, be good if we can them there, more the merrier! 

is there any danger of getting another female in the singles or are they all way off? 

Edited by Olympicsnell

17 minutes ago, Olympicsnell said:

ah not been on there yet because i'm avoiding other news whilst im watching something else haha, be good if we can them there, more the merrier! 

is there any danger of getting another female in the singles or are they all way off? 

As a general rule I don't trust Wikipedia, but based on their list, :SVK Schmiedlova is the last auto qualifier in 80th place. Harriet Dart is the best placed Brit ranked 92nd - strip out the nations who already have full squads and I think she would be something like 6th reserve - so not impossible for her to sneak in.

28 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

As a general rule I don't trust Wikipedia, but based on their list, :SVK Schmiedlova is the last auto qualifier in 80th place. Harriet Dart is the best placed Brit ranked 92nd - strip out the nations who already have full squads and I think she would be something like 6th reserve - so not impossible for her to sneak in.

I would guess maybe some withdrawals have been announced to ITF but they haven't been published in media yet ....

The BBC story says that Raducanu turned down the legacy spot which is strange and has two consequences that I can see: 1st, Osaka must be using her PR if Wozniacki is a legacy qualifier, 2nd: who else would take it then? So maybe another reallocated quota for the women's side.

9 minutes ago, evil betty said:

The BBC story says that Raducanu turned down the legacy spot which is strange and has two consequences that I can see: 1st, Osaka must be using her PR if Wozniacki is a legacy qualifier, 2nd: who else would take it then? So maybe another reallocated quota for the women's side.

only Halep can take that 2nd legacy spot i guess.

Edited by gilbsh