website statistics

Tennis Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

6 hours ago, Adriano said:

@hckošice Anna Karolína Schmiedlová qualified and will go to OG (if she want).

I don't think it is confirmed, the Wikipedia page is unreliable, for example why are they saying Korpatsch is out?

However, I think she will probably get in in the end. I don't think Cirstea will play, and if the protected ranking rule that I read today regarding Badosa is true (that you can only use it for two of Grand Slams/Olympics) then Osaka and Kerber will get in via Grand Slam/Olympic exception, so that will clear up two spots (and then of course Wozniacki/Raducanu would be out).

Also, we don't know for sure if Begu for example will use her protected ranking, she chose to not go to Tokyo so maybe she doesn't care about OG anymore.

8 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

the Wikipedia page is unreliable, for example why are they saying Korpatsch is out?

they are also saying Navone, Darderi and O´Connell are out because of Davis Cup requirement when the 3 of them are in because of the special rules about it. 100% not reliable.

1 minute ago, MatiReimundo said:

they are also saying Navone, Darderi and O´Connell are out because of Davis Cup requirement when the 3 of them are in because of the special rules about it. 100% not reliable.

Yeah, and if Korpatsch wants to play, I'm sure she will get an exception to do so. I know she spent a lot of time outside the top 100 the last four years so I am sure Germany can say she was "available" but they didn't choose her, also she had some injuries in the past year and I think I remember hearing that she was going to make her BJK debut but then got injured. Also I know she used to be scared to fly and would only play in Europe so that's another excuse for her not playing BJK Cup.

39 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

Also I think the wildcards for gold medalists or Grand Slam winners are weird, in what other sport do you get a wildcard into the Olympics because you used to be good 5-10 years ago? :lol:

hahahaha i'm trying to think about it... 

I guess they wanted to make sure all the stars are in. 

1 hour ago, Makedonas said:

Didn't M. Andreeva also like some pro-war posts on social media?

Also, does Kasatkina have any intention to compete in Paris as she has been outspoken against the war?

Andreeva is not cleared too, you are right.

It looks like russians are not going to send Kasatkina to the games at all.

58 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

Also I think the wildcards for gold medalists or Grand Slam winners are weird, in what other sport do you get a wildcard into the Olympics because you used to be good 5-10 years ago? :lol:

Essentially, name branding will attract more people to watch. :p 

TEAM ITALY :ITA 

Jannik Sinner MS
Lorenzo Musetti MS
Matteo Arnaldi MS
Luciano Darderi MS
Andrea Vavassori MD
Jasmine Paolini WS
Elisabetta Cocciaretto WS
Lucia Bronzetti WS

Reallocations after June 19th

Source: https://www.coni.it/it/news/comunicati-primi-qualificati-ai-giochi-olimpici-otto-gli-azzurri-certi-del-pass-per-parigi-2024.html

Is there a chance for a double: Errani-Paolini? It's a joke for me that the doubles who winner in Rome and the Grand Slam finalist from Paris doesn`t have a certain qualification from the doubles ranking. So who has this qualification?

Edited by copravolley

4 minutes ago, copravolley said:

Is there a chance for a double: Errani-Paolini?

yes, it's almost sure that Bolelli (to double up with Vavassori) and Errani (to make a partnership with Paolini) will also be in the Italian team once the full Olympic lineup is finalized

and then, the mixed double should be Vavassori & Errani