website statistics

Swimming Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

14 hours ago, Pasolini said:

Swimswam released a list with 9 men and 3 women. Besided the 10 listed above (albeit the number 9 on the title lol) it includes Kim Jihoon (M) and Hur Yeonkyng (W for the mixed relay)

Not really sure why they would not take a 4th to the 4x200m freestyle (KIM Younghyeon). Who would be the 4th?

13 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Kim Minseop might be the logical choice out of the options listed

I've figured it out. Kim Younghyeon was selected as the butterfly swimmer for the medley relay. The Korean federation will wait for a bit to select any remaining 4x200m freestyle relay swimmers because they want to see if any of the 4th-6th place finished can go 1:46 so they can rest their best swimmers in the heats.

Edited by Topicmaster1010

13 hours ago, Josh said:

Hungarian Swimming Champs will be aired here every day @ 5 p.m. CET (most likely they will be free, no need for a vpn -but still, be prepared to use one)

https://mediaklikk.hu/duna-world-elo/

:GBR British Qualification Tracker (after Day 2) :GBR

Priority 1: 1st place finishers with nomination time (guaranteed selection) (5 swimmers)

• Freya Colbert - W 200m Freestyle, W 4x200m Freestyle Relay
  • Kathleen Dawson - W 100m Backstroke
  • Keanna MacInnes - W 200m Butterfly
  • Ollie Morgan - M 100m Backstroke
  • Adam Peaty - M 100m Breaststroke

Priority 2: Relay swimmers (guaranteed selection) (3 swimmers)

• Medi Harris - W 4x200m Freestyle Relay
  • Lucy Hope - W 4x200m Freestyle Relay
  • Abbie Wood - W 200m Freestyle , W 4x200m Freestyle Relay

Priority 5: 2nd place finishers with nomination time (2 swimmers)

• Jonny Marshall - M 100m Backstroke
  • Laura Stephens - W 200m Butterfly

Candidates for Priority 4 - Discretionary Picks

• Freya Anderson - W 100m Freestyle, W 200m Freestyle (injured)
  • Kieran Bird - M 400m Freestyle (OQT)
  • Amelie Blocksidge - W 1500m Freestyle (OCT)
  • Lauren Cox - W 100m Backstroke (NT at World Championships)
  • Kara Hanlon - W 200m Breaststroke (OCT)
  • James Wilby - M 100m Breaststroke (OQT)

Should be an exciting Men's 100m Freestyle Final at British Trials this evening. These are just from heats this morning.

1. Matt Richards – 48.01
  2. David Cumberlidge – 48.16
  3. Alexander Cohoon – 48.44
  4. Tom Dean – 48.47 & Jacob Whittle – 48.47
  5. Duncan Scott – 48.48
  6. Alexander Painter – 48.66
  7. James Guy – 48.68

16 hours ago, Josh said:

Wang Changhao split 50.68 at the Asian Games last year so I wouldn’t be too sure about that. But barring a DQ they should be on the podium. 

Yeah, I'd have the US and China currently dueling out for gold with GBR currently heading the pack for bronze. There's obviously lots that could change before the sumemr but that's where I'd put my money if I were a betting man right now.

2 minutes ago, Epic Failure said:

Yeah, I'd have the US and China currently dueling out for gold with GBR currently heading the pack for bronze. There's obviously lots that could change before the sumemr but that's where I'd put my money if I were a betting man right now.

Wait and see what Guy does in the 100 fly. He looked very good in the 100 free just now and the fly is usually his better 100 event.

1 hour ago, dullard said:

Wait and see what Guy does in the 100 fly. He looked very good in the 100 free just now and the fly is usually his better 100 event.

Jimmy's scratching the 100m Free final tonight, which does suggest that he's even more focused on the fly and 200m free than ever.

He's obviously a superstar for what he's done for GBR over the years already - his reaction to the gold in Tokyo is hands down one of my favourite GB Olympic moments of all time - but I'm not convinced that unless he's become Caleb Dressel overnight that it will get us atop the podium.

If everyone swims to their potential, Xu and Pan are better than Morgan/Richards. Qin hasn't yet beaten Peaty at his best but he's on the rise and Peaty is not yet back to his absolute imperious best. I'm not going to call that one either way right now. So Jimmy would have to absolutely clobber them in the fly. I think he can beat them, but I'm not sure by enough.

The US is the same - Armstrong or Murphy are both ahead of Morgan. Peaty ahead of Fink and the freestyle probably a tie. Dare Rose is probably a match at least for Jimmy. The great unknown there is Dressel obviously.

Obviously, there's a bunch of things that could change - an injury for any of the teams could change things drastically. And form is never a guarantee, not to mention the constant risk of DQs.

GBR is absolutely capable of standing atop the podium. But it isn't something I'd be putting money on right now. However, we've definitely looked closer as a result of this week than we did even a month ago!

British Swimming Championships

Day #3

men's 1500m Freestyle

1.Daniel Jervis, 14.47.94 (British OQT)
2.Tobias Robinson, 14.54.75 (missed out on the British OQT by 0.46 secs)

women's 400m IM

1.Freya Colbert, 4.34.01 (British OQT)
2.Katie Shanahan, 4.36.67 (British OQT)

women's 50m Freestyle

1.Anna Hopkin, 24.53 (British OQT)
2.Eva Okaro, 24.96

men's 400m IM

1.Max Litchfield, 4.09.14 (new National Record, British OQT)
2.Charlie Hutchison, 4.15.72

men's 100m Freestyle

1.Matthew Richards, 47.84 (British OQT)
2.Duncan Scott, 47.92 (British OQT)
3.Thomas Dean, 47.94
4.Alexander Cohoon, 48.20
5.Jacob Whittle, 48.39
6.David Cumberlidge, 48.41
7.Alexandr Painter. 48.44
8.Jack McMillan, 48.81