men's 200m Backstroke semis

Tao Guannan, 1.57.80
Xu Jiayu, 1.58.86

women's 200m Breaststroke semis

Tang Qianting, 2.26.14
Ye shiwen, 2.26.53
3 more women @ 2.27.X

1 hour ago, dullard said:

Yang Junxuan just went 52.68 in the 100 free at Chinese trials so the mixed and women's medleys are looking even stronger. The mixed medley in particular now has no weak legs.

I’m sorry, but I can’t take any of her results seriously when she was one of the 23 Chinese swimmers who tested positive for TMZ…

22 minutes ago, Josh said:

I’m sorry, but I can’t take any of her results seriously when she was one of the 23 Chinese swimmers who tested positive for TMZ…

Doesn't change the reality that unless there's a CAS appeal that blocks them from competing many of these Chinese athletes will be in Paris standing on podiums.

1 hour ago, Josh said:

Why? One of the chefs at the hotel restaurant the swimmers were staying at merely introduced traceable quantities of heart medication into their cooking accidently. It's easily done.

16 minutes ago, JamDH said:

Why? One of the chefs at the hotel restaurant the swimmers were staying at merely introduced traceable quantities of heart medication into their cooking accidently. It's easily done.

Is this sarcasm?

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

Is this sarcasm?

No, deadly serious. I myself even add some trimetazidine to my cooking on occasion; really gives a kick to Chinese cuisine. If only WADA were as serious as I am.

On 4/22/2024 at 1:23 AM, dullard said:

Tang's 1:04.39 now makes China a strong gold medal contender in the women's medley relay.

I still don’t see China seriously threatening the U.S. or Australia. China should be about 1.5 seconds behind after the first leg and all the waves will make it very difficult to catch up. I think China is a rather clear favorite for bronze, but probably not more than that. I actually think that China could medal in all 7 relays. The men’s 800 free relay should be the closest call, followed by the men’s 400 free relay. There is a chance that only 4 different nations will win relay medals. Especially the women’s relays look super „shallow“, only the U.S., Australia, China and maybe Canada look like realistic medal contenders. No European nation has a realistic medal chance.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Just now, OlympicsFan said:

I still don’t see China seriously threatening the U.S. or Australia. China should be about 1.5 seconds behind after the first leg and all the waves will make it very difficult to catch up. I think China is a rather clear favorite for bronze, but probably not more than that. I actually think that China could medal in all 7 relays. The men’s 800 free relay should be the closest call, followed by the men’s 400 free relay.

Australia could easily lose 1.5 seconds to China in the breaststroke leg and then Zhang will likely outsplit McKeon in the fly.